How to continue uploading in HTTP mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to continue uploading in HTTP mode?

After several FTP timeout errors I'm asked if I'd like to continue in HTTP mode but straight away presented with:
    "The web server returned an unexpected error. The server response was 406 - Not Acceptable. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration."
    What settings are appropriate?
    Any help gratefully received!
    David.

We probably need to see you network settings, also tell us who you are hosting with

Comment

Go into network settings and export this, delete you passwords and then copy an past it here.

also please let us know who you are hosting with and wether it is a linux, or windows sever

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

Network settings

Here's the network settings:

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
        HTTPPROXYADDRESS
        HTTPPROXYPORT 80
        HTTPPROXYUSER
        HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
        FTPPROXYMODE 0
        FTPPROXYADDRESS
        FTPPROXYPORT 21
        FTPPROXYUSER
        FTPPROXYPASSWORD
        SCRIPTID 26
        SCRIPTEXT .pl
        SMTPHOST smtp.onsitephotography.co.uk
        WEBSITEURL http://www.onsitephotography.co.uk
        IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
        USERELATIVECGIURLS false
        PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
        USEENHANCEFTP true
        FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
        FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
        FTPSILENT true
        FTPMAXRETRIES 3
        FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
        SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
        SMTPUSERNAME sm14710
        SMTPPASSWORD
        CATALOGURL http://www.onsitephotography.co.uk/acatalog/
        CGIBINURL http://www.onsitephotography.co.uk/cgi-bin/
        PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /home/sm14710/public_html/acatalog/
        CODEBASE ./
        FTPHOST ftp.onsitephotography.co.uk
        FTPUSERNAME sm14710
        FTPPASSWORD
        PATHTOCGIBIN /cgi-bin/
        USEPASSIVEFTP false
        FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /public_html/acatalog/

I'm hosted with switchmedia.co.uk, Linux based. Actinic version 8.5
        Also, the "Not Acceptable" error reads: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /cgi-bin/nq000026.pl could not be found on this server.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Try:
          PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
          and
          FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/

Comment

I need to moan here...

Duncan, Pin and Darren......how many times have you answered the above question? 1,000,000 times!

Jont recently made a post about software manuals being written by the writers/developers in "their" language that gives very little understanding to a majority - like me

This is the self same thing I find about Web Hosts -
            path to XYZ =

username/Home/Public_html/rootdirectory/take_me_round_the_bend/acatalog

I fell foul to this and entered every single word my host told me as to a particular path when all I needed do is as Duncan had said is ../acatlaog

Can FTP settings be made a "Sticky" on this site

No wonder Ruralweb has vanished, he's probably had enough

Comment

Kev

How many people are too blind to see there is a forum specifically for this kind of problem, posting wherever they find the idea comes into their head?

I would like to see anyone using a package, to state the package in the thread title and post the network settings within it, so we build up a collection of threads, each with settings for known hosting companies.

Anyone posting in the wrong forum with connection problems, should be blatantly ignored, they expect people to help spending minutes of time helping them, i don't think it's too much to ask for them to open their eyes for 4 seconds and post/search in the right place.

Comment

Lee

As you know, I'm know pro, just a novice DIY guy, I am far from being able to rip the guts out of V8 but I try,try & try again til I get things to work - then I give myself a pat on the back for taking 6 hrs to complete a task that if I posted the question would it then take about 5 mins!!....lol

And I am sorry if I sound the "big head" but I only know what I know from learning, messing it up big time and doing it again, research the net, research the forum before posting the same b**** question time and time again

I'm not being nasty to the poor bloke who has got stuck here (no doubt I'm in for a slating after this post) but in general am I hashed off with having the forum running in the background every weekend only to re-open it and see the same thing over and over again...........arrrrrrrrrrrghh

I have a .php forum but can't remember if you can fix it so that you must enter a title

I'd love to have admin rights to this one cos I'd take a bleedin' broom to it.........lol

my rant is over.......thank you

Comment

Working...
                X