Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network settings for Easyspace

Hi Everyone,
    I am having problems with the above. I have followed instructions easyspace gave without success. Printscreen attached. Can anyone help?
    George
    smithfieldwine.com
    Print screen too large!!
    Last edited by smithfield; 05-Jul-2007, 04:58 PM. Reason: no attached a file

Several posts recently about easyspace problems eg http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=Easyspace my advice is to move to a host that works with actinic

Comment

Hi George

I am at the moment am going through the mill with Easyspace and since hosting started for my actinic shop I have gone through many trials and tribulations, so let me know the problem and I will try and think if i have had the same issues (I am sure I have!)

Just as a footnote, I have come across a hosting company called unitedhosting.co.uk who may be my hosts in shining armour should my issues with Easyspace not be resolved as they offerexcellent hosting packages and very cost effective SSL Solutions

But before we get to changing hosts let me know your problems, if needs be contact me direct if you wish

Lloyd
      Lloyd Hawken
      www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

George

Email me a snapshot and i will have a go at setting it up for you tomorrow.

First thing that you need to do in my experience with easyspace is make sure you are not on Windows hosting. If you are, get it changed to Unix/Linux or change hosts.

What is failing? What error messages?, no need to print screen, click on the export facility and paste the settings you have into the forum, like you see in other peoples posts. Remove passwords though.

Comment

Easyspace network settings here

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
          HTTPPROXYADDRESS
          HTTPPROXYPORT 80
          HTTPPROXYUSER
          HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
          FTPPROXYMODE 0
          FTPPROXYADDRESS
          FTPPROXYPORT 21
          FTPPROXYUSER
          FTPPROXYPASSWORD
          SCRIPTID 1
          SCRIPTEXT .pl
          SMTPHOST mail.virgin.net
          WEBSITEURL http://www.smithfieldwine.com/
          IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
          USERELATIVECGIURLS false
          PATHTOPERL /usr/local/bin/perl
          USEENHANCEFTP false
          FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
          FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
          FTPSILENT false
          FTPMAXRETRIES 3
          FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
          SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
          SMTPUSERNAME ******@smithfieldwine.com
          SMTPPASSWORD ********

CATALOGURL http://www.smithfieldwine.com/acatalog/
          CGIBINURL http://www.smithfieldwine.com/cgibin/
          PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
          CODEBASE ./
          FTPHOST www.smithfieldwine.com
          FTPUSERNAME ******
          FTPPASSWORD ********

PATHTOCGIBIN public_html/cgibin/
          USEPASSIVEFTP true
          FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

Comment

Im just looking at it now, do you have your Path to CGI-BIN and your path From CGI bin to acatalog the wrong way round?

Also SMTP server should be 10.1.1.200 with no user name and password

Will carry on looking at the rest!

Its on Unix hosting with Easyspace i take it?

Lloyd
            Lloyd Hawken
            www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

just out of interest what part of your web site is not working as i made a test purchase and it went through the purchase and took me to your payment page?

Lloyd
              Lloyd Hawken
              www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

New site is not live, that is the old one.

This is typical Easyspace difficulties in my experience when using actinic, dreamweaver can access the ftp server no problem, actinic provided with the same details, fires up error message:

An error occured while checking the FTP transfer mode -- 500 Unknown command. Try using the other mode.

all modes fail, why can't somebody at easyspace buy a brain off ebay, use it for half hour and provide a guide for their clients. They're terrible IMO. They can sell the brain back to ebay once they've used it.

Comment

Please dont get me started on Easyspace as its Friday and i wanted to stay calm, I have however just been on the phone to support at easyspace for the last 15 minutes to find out that a support ticket i raised 9.00 Wednesday morning has not been looked at as the person it was assigned to is off, and how usually they dont take this long to resolve problems.

I honestly think i am at the point of changing hosts today, you can only give a company so many chances, these people are playing with my livelihood

Not a happy bunny!!
                  Lloyd Hawken
                  www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

I honestly think i am at the point of changing hosts today, you can only give a company so many chances, these people are playing with my livelihood
                    Been there several times with easyspace over the years!

Comment

Easyspace

Am dumping easyspace. Have arranged hosting with Greenkeyltd.co.uk. Good price and have the owners landline, mobile number and address!!!
                      Thanks for the help.
                      George

Comment

Hi Smithfield,

Sorry I missed your forum message before you chose to go elsewhere for your hosting - I would have liked to have helped!

Just out of curiosity the last we heard was a conversation you had with one of our 1st line support staff on the 4th of July when you were going to send us a screenshot of your current settings - if you could let me know if anyone got back to you after you sent in your screenshot we'll take a look at the handling of your case for you.

Thanks!

p.s you can get me on johnathan@easyspace.com if need be.
                        Johnathan Williamson
                        Customer Support Manager
                        http://www.easyspace.com

Comment

Working...
                        X