Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Script Error when clicking on 'Checkout' button

Hi

I've had a couple of my sites running for a while and just over a week ago I noticed the following scripting error when clicking on the 'Checkout' link (when there wasn't anything in the shopping cart):

'The site configuration has been updated by the shop operator while you are checking out. Please navigate back to the product pages by pressing the Browser Back button and try again or contact the site owner.'
    (This error was with Actinic V6)

I also have another site which is Actinic v.7, and when I click on the 'Checkout' link on that site I get the following script error:

'Your shopping cart has expired, orders must be completed within 3 hours or they will be automatically cancelled.'

As I mentioned this is when the shopping cart is empty, and although it's empty it shouldn't display a script error but should display the following:

Your shopping cart is empty. Return to the catalog and add an item to your shopping cart before continuing.
    Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

I have checked a few other Actinic sites on the net and have tried the same on these sites but have not encountered the error on any other sites as yet.

I have called my hosting provider and they say it appears to be a software problem?

I have also gone into the Help file in Actinic, then Troubleshooting and Purged and Refreshed one of the sites, but the script error still shows?
    I am quite confused as to why this is happening, has anyone else experienced these errors and could anyone help?

Many Thanks

Jojo

If you provide web addresses for the sites we and visit and look to see what is to be seen....
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Re: General Script Error when clicking on 'Checkout' button

Hi Bill

I have just tried to ring you on the number shown in your post regarding this and have left a message with regards to site details.

Thanks

Johanne

Comment

I'm currently in transit from Scotland back to Alexandria, Egypt. I'll not be able to unpack and set up the phone till tomorrow morning.

Sorry,
        Bill
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Re: General Script Error when clicking on 'Checkout' button Reply to Thread

Hi Bill

Just to let you know the problem is now sorted.
          All it was, was the html coding for the checkout link, at the end of the coding for this link there was an exclamation mark, which shouldn't have been there, so that was causing the problems.
          I only noticed this error last week, and after checking the log file it's been happening since 2004! I never thought to check before as you can still place orders on the site.

Thanks

Johanne

Comment

Working...
          X