Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

server not configged to run CGI-Scripts -Streamline help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

server not configged to run CGI-Scripts -Streamline help?

Hi folks, my client is insistent that he uses streamline for his hosting. First time using it, and when I went to upload, first of all I was told that the extension wasn't recognised. I used advanced settings to manually enter the details to see if this would help, and I keep getting the message:

"Actinic received a bad method error from the web server. The server is not properly configured to allow Actinic to run CGI scripts from the cgi-bin. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration."

Then:
    "The web server returned error code 405 - Server does not support the requested method. Your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts. Contact your ISP or system administrator and have them reconfigure the server."

I really dont know where i'm going wrong on this one, and I know that streamline cgi-bin should allow scripts to run. Can anyone advise or help?
    Cheers,
    Steve

I dont use streamline but there have been several threads recently about setting it up. Have a search and you should find them or wait until someone who uses it can post an answer.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Malcolm I had a good read of the other related threads\problems, before I posted this, and my network settings etc look to be okay I have absolutely no idea why i'm getting the message that my cgi-bin isn't configured to run scripts I've changed the permissions etc, thinking it may be that? but to no avail! I'm really hoping someone can help me out on this one, as i'm banging my head off a big pile of books in frutration as I type!

Comment

Try setting it up with a default site and then export the network settings if you get it working.

Comment

same thing! doh!

Comment

I would try and convince your client to change hosts - easy option I know but Ive been there before as well with other hosts that dont play ball with actinic.

Comment

Working...
            X