• Time
  • Show
Clear All

email form now just hangs

i have a client with actinic and the email form on his site just hangs

Mike says ....... Your error log is full of entries
    like this:

Quote:
    Program = MailForm, Program version = 3 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.37 (Unix)
    mod_jk/1., Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2007/08/10 10:24, Internal
    Errors = Unable to connect to the mail socket (Connection timed out)
    mod_jk/1., Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2007/08/10 11:31, Internal
    mod_jk/1., Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2007/08/10 11:35, Internal

So it would appear that actinic is unable to connect to your mail server. I
    would contact your host and see what they say. The details above should be
    enough for them to look into it.

any ideas

Who are they hosting with, as others using that host might have the smtp server address that is needed.

Also, what version are you using.

Last of all, have they tried using localhost as the smtp server address without any username or password if your version has that option.

Comment

E-mails not sending

I have had the same problem with automatically generated e-mails not sending for over 2 months.

Actinic support tell me it is a problem with my host and my host company are telling me that it is a problem with the software so I'm just going around in circles. On top of that customers are continually e-mailing to find out if I have received their orders as they aren't receiving a confirmation e-mail.

On completion of their orders I am then getting corresponding e-mails into my outlook inbox saying 'delivery status notification (delay)' and then a bit later 'delivery status notification (failure)'.

I receive the e-mail into my inbox saying that there is an order to download and my colleague sometimes gets a copy of the invoice into her inbox as we've set it up to send a copy of orders to her machine.

This all originally worked fine but has pretty much stopped. It seems that e-mails can send within the same domain as she gets copy e-mails (but not always) but can't be sent to addresses outside the domain?!

This is causing real problems to the efficiency of our store and giving me a major headache!
      PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Comment

Hi,

This all originally worked fine but has pretty much stopped. It seems that e-mails can send within the same domain as she gets copy e-mails (but not always) but can't be sent to addresses outside the domain?!
        This is definately a Host issue, SMTP relay is allowed within the domain but not to external addresses, this would require them to enable relay to external domains and will require you to use authentication.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X