Hosted mode (?) but no Convert button available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosted mode (?) but no Convert button available

We have a snapshot from a client to enable us to do some design amends for them.
    They are moving from a V4 (!) site to V8 and have provided us with a V8 snapshot.
    When trying to alter the network settings to enable us to put the results up on a 'sandbox' site we find that they are read-only and the lower half of the panel is indeed greyed out.
    Checking elsewhere - including fantastic Actinic support - tells us that the clients system must have been in "hosted mode" and that we need to press the convert button.

Our remaining problem is that the convert button is also greyed out - i.e. inactive. Incidentally, there is no mention of bing a hosted site at the top of the panel like we have been lead to expect.

Help much appreciated.
    Thanks

leave the networks settings as they are and use the inbuilt test facility

Comment

sorry if I'm being thick - to which inbuilt "test facility" are you referring ?

I'm trying to post the site on-line so that my client can review progress.
      I don't want to overwrite their own site.

thanks

Comment

Test Mode - its in the help files

Comment

Ha - thanks for that - I think that I now understand what is/was wrong!

The client appears to have developed / operated their site in Test Mode - something that we don't normally get involved with.

I found the "Switch to Production" option in the Web menu.
          After blocking all firewall traffic -so as not to affect the client's site - I took the option and after Actinic reported an ftp error (due to the blocked firewall I guess) all now seems to be 'normal' and I have full access to the network settings panel. The option on the Web menu is now showing as Switch to "Test Mode".

Many thanks again for your swift assistance.

Comment

The client appears to have developed / operated their site in Test Mode
            Good idea - NOT

Comment

Working...
            X