Webfusion reseller account network settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webfusion reseller account network settings

I'm trying to test a new shop over the weekend, getting no reply from webfusion support:

Threads on this forum suggest that WF accounts have a "public_html" folder which is visible in (for instance) Dreamweaver when using FTP, and that files can only go into this folder, not the root. Also, I know that this is the case with a WF business linux account I did a little bit of work on. Also, the "public_folder" needs to appear in the Actinic network settings (eg with respect to relationship of files to CGI) on that account.

However, I am now testing on an account set up under a WF reseller package - the "public_html" folder doesn't appear in FTP, files appear to go straight into the root, and the Actinic shop works OK without the "public_folder" appearing anywhere in the Actinic network settings.

I don't want to go much further if this is wrong. It appears to work but it goes against advice given elsehwere on this forum.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

No public folder required. If it passes the actinic network test and the site works OK, what are you concerned about?

Comment

What I'm concerned about is that others (particularly RuralWeb, who has a lot of Actinic shops on a WF reseller package) have said that the "public_html" folder is a feature of WF and needs to be reflected in Actinic settings. If your experience with the reseller account is that it's not needed - that's good enough for me.

Comment

Reseller is different to "normal" webfusion hosting which does have a public folder

Comment

who has a lot of Actinic shops on a WF reseller package
          All mine are on individual hosting packages which the client controls - this gives them the cheapest price for hosting and compete control over thier sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H
            (particularly RuralWeb, who has a lot of Actinic shops on a WF reseller package)
            He doesn't have them on a reseller account.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
              All mine are on individual hosting packages which the client controls - this gives them the cheapest price for hosting and compete control over thier sites.
              Sorry Mal - obviously reading too much into comments made elsewhere.

Thanks for you replies - will continue with testing, and hopefully the thread will help others in the future.

Comment

I work for WebFusion - standard Linux accounts do have a public_html folder, Reseller accounts do not, the files go directly into the root directory (unless you have a really old reseller account in which case they do still have a public_html directory).

Comment

Working...
                X