Fed up with Fasthosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed up with Fasthosts

Fed up with Fasthosts. Move servers, change permissions... it goes on and on and on!!
    Can anyone recommend a decent host based on experience.

Thanks

Hi Ken

If you would like to contact me direct I'll give you a couple of references ie people in this group who host with us.

This will allow you to decide if we could offer you a suitable hosting solution.

Our prices etc are on our website

Comment

I have given in and moved my latest site from windows Microsoft envisage to the linux server and we shall see. The old windows server seemed to work ok for me. My advise is don't put anything on windows 2003 until it is proven to work, regardless of the provider.
      Jenny
      Hanson Web Design
      www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
      jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
      Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

If you have gone on to Fasthosts Unix servers, you will not be able to change permissions on the site, unless you get an SSH client to connect to the server.

I think the one they recommend is called 'Putty' and can be downloaded from:-

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Bear in mind that the Actinic software will not work with the default permissions that they supply.
        "OK Venus?"
        "OK Steve!"
        "Right then, lets go!

Comment

Some how I didn't need to do that and the site it up and running. I did speak to TS to run through everything, unless they did it and I didn't know..It was a long week end.
          Jenny
          Hanson Web Design
          www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
          jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
          Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Working...
          X