Problem with ISA Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with ISA Server

We have a problem using Actinic Order Manager 6 with Microsoft SBS 2000. The ftp ports have been opened in ISA server and when we run the test from the network setup window of Order Manager this part goes through ok. (We can also ftp successfully using a third party program). The problem is when the test gets to the CGI scripts it returns this error, "The web server returned an unexpected error. The server response was 407 proxy authorisation required (the isa server requires authorisation to fulfill the request, access to the web proxy server is denied) run web/configure." After cancelling this error there is one more which states "The test script failed to execute on the web server."
    One other point worth mentionong is that we also cannot run the network configuration wizard successfully as Actinic stops responding every time when the progress bar is three quarters along the scale. The client PC that Actinic is running on is Windows XP Pro. Any suggestions would be welcome.

If you go to Advanced - Network Setup, you will find a button there called Proxy, click on that and that will take you into the proxy screen.
    There is the facility to specify authentication details there.
    "OK Venus?"
    "OK Steve!"
    "Right then, lets go!

Comment

Thanks for the info Steve but unfortunately that's not the answer. The details in the Proxy screen are correct and the proxy server does allow access to the web site ok, it is only when it gets to looking at the CGI scripts that the error occurs.

Comment

Hi there

Click here for a link to our knowledge base that may help.
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Darren, unfortunately that's not the answer either. I have already opened these ports and the ftp part of the network test does work. To be certain of this I disabled these ports and tried to run the test and sure enough the test wont work at-all so I know this part to be ok. It is only when it gets to the CGI test that it fails.

Comment

Hello again.

Sorry that did not work.

What happens if you go to Advanced | Network Setup | Proxy, select none for FTP proxy and default Windows settings for HTTP.

If this does not work, try entering your HTTP proxy details rather than using the Default windows settings. Leave FTP proxy details as none.

I hope this helps.
            Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

No, sorry I've tried this also. At present I have HTTP proxy as Windows default and FTP as none. When I manually enter the details it doesn't make any difference. However these do appear to be the correct settings because if I use any others e.g. set it to use FTP proxy, set HTTP proxy to none then the test will fail immediately. Thanks for trying on this, I really do need to find the answer.

Paul

Comment

It's been a long time since I set up Actinic with ISA server and I am no longer with the company thay I set up for, but here are a few ideas:

Have you tried the Firewall client ?

Have you tried configuring your PC as a SecureNAT client ?

If I remember correctly the only way I could get it working was to use one of the above methods.

Try setting up as a SecureNAT client and then use a rule to open up all ports in and out for that client to test it actually works and is not some other sort of problem.

You should not need to have any proxy settings in Actinic or the PC.

Peter
                Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

Hi,

You need to have the firewall client installed on the workstation. if you open the ports as discussed it should work, no problem.

Make sure you have the proxy settings in Actinic to OFF.

Alan
                  Alan Stanley
                  www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

Peter and Alan

Thanks very much for the information. I'm not in a position to try these suggestions until Saturday, but as soon as I do I will let you know the outcome.

Paul

Comment

Hi there,

Just spent an afternoon at one of my clients and experienced exactly the same problem. Can log into the site via IE but Actinic doesn't liek the proxy settings. Have set the proxy per the ISA server with admin. authentication but actinic reports it cant authenticate the proxy.

If you've managed to make any progress I'd love to know about it. My client's network support guys are on the case so I'll post anything we can find out . . .

Cliff
                      AnnWebCom

Comment

Hi everybody,

I seem to have solved the problem and all is now working fine.
                        Using ISA Management go to Access Policy and Protocol Rules, then edit the Internet Access Rule as follows.

General - enable
                        Action - allow
                        Protocol - all IP traffic
                        Schedule - always(unless you want this restricted by time)
                        Applies to if you select "any request" it will apply to all users, but to restrict this policy to the PC running Actinic select "Users & Groups" and then add the appropriate user or computer.

Paul

Comment

Paul,

Isnt that openeing every prot for ip traffic. Little point in having an ISA server. i would defianately look at closing some of the ports.

If you read the tech notes mentioned earlier it suggests the two ports you need to open for Actinic ftp to work.

Alan
                          Alan Stanley
                          www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

Hi Alan

I've long ago opened the ftp ports but this isn't the answer. It does allow the connection test to get past the ftp transfer (which doesn't happen when the ports are closed), but after this it hangs (see previous post). I've tried numerous other suggestions but as yet none of them have worked. I also installed an ftp transfer program on the same PC as Actinic and this worked absolutely fine with just the ftp ports open.

Paul

Comment

ISA Server

Hi Paul,

I am having the same problem. I have opened all IP traffic on ISA as you mentioned. This has removed the error I was received regarding the authentication. However, Actinic stops responding when it tests the CGI Script Settings

Any ideas?

I am desperate.
                              NCT

Comment

Working...
                              X