ssl and Fasthosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ssl and Fasthosts

Has anyone successfully deployed Actinic 6 onto fasthosts using ssl for checkout only?

If so can you please point me in the right direction, I can't seem to define the phsical path between the 2 servers ( is there one? ) and if not is there a work around.

Andy

I take it you, you mean your own SSL and not linking to say Actinic's SSL..
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

That's right.

Comment

You say 2 servers, so I assume that it is not an SSL certificate bound to your domain name, and is the shared SSL service with FastHosts, i.e. not your domain name that shows under the https URL.

If this is the case, then you need to ensure that you have ftp access rights to that SSL shared area so that Actinic can upload the files to the separate SSL enabled area and set its file permissions.

Plenty on here will have different suggestions on getting a shared ssl facility to work with Actinic, but it is not always straight forward unfortunayely.

Comment

That's what I have done, but I have since found out that the ssl pages need to access the catalogue files on the unsecure server and that there needs to be a physical path between the 2 servers, which there isn't at fasthosts.

Strangely (and coincidently) I have ordered your shared ssl soloution last night. So hopefully that will work.

Andy

Comment

Oh right...

Well if you ordered last night, sales should have you assigned and installation should have you up and running on the Actinic Shared SSL service within minutes of ordering.

Comment

It's up and running - dead easy with no problems - cheers

Andy

Comment

Working...
              X