Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing permissions for folders on dedicated server

Hi,

I've decided to rent a dedicated server from fasthosts to host my eccomerce sites, the server is based on win 2k3 web edition, i have been told by the non existent support at fasthosts, that in order to change permissions needed by actinic to access the cgi bin and acatalog folders i have to use the remote login for the server and change NTFS permisions through the IIS control panel.

Well if that means anything to anyone here i would appreciate it if you could translate it into laymans terms.

The reason that i have opted for dedicated is that fasthost do not support SPF records on the shared hosting, and as my domain has been spoofed, i need to find a way of publishing these spf records.

I have tried to talk to fasthost support but beleive it or not they do not provide support for their own dedicated servers, least that is the way it feels to me.

Thanks you in advance for any help.

Timmo.

Is it too late to get your money back?
    Why would you choose the most problematic actinic host of the 21st century - bar none!

Comment

unfortunately it is to late, but i am not adversed to changing to a nicer host if you can recomend one that is not gonna charge the earth like rackspace.

Timmo.

Comment

resolved by moving to 1 and 1

oh happy days

Comment

Working...
        X