Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP upload issues

Hi all.

I have constructed our site using V8 and it's been live for some weeks now. The site was originally built, designed and uploaded on my home PC.

When I come into work I copy the "sites" folder onto a usb drive and transfer the folder when required onto the work PC for any changes that are made at work, such as orders coming in and new stock that is uploaded.

We have just received an order today, which I have downloaded on the work PC without any problems, however when I wish to update the website with any type of upload it just times out.

The point it does this at is the upload of the "catalog files"

I have tried changing the FTP upload properties which has had no effect. Fusion is our host and the work's internet connection is broadband through BT.

The error messages I get are the following:

An FTP error occurred. Error: The operation timed out
    - on sending of A000.cat

if I select continue it brings up the error message again, if I select cancel I get the following and I think it's missing out uploading certain files:

Actinic is unable to upload to the site using the FTP protocol. Select Continue to upload the site using HTTP or Cancel to stop the upload.
    When selecting continue I get the following:

FTP error changing directories to /.
    - on sending of the SiteRoot_index.html

It then times out a few more times and I can finally get it to the end of the upload, however doing all of this, this page is not working http://peppercorncottage.com/index.html

but the rest of the site is http://peppercorncottage.com/acatalog/sitemap.html

Any ideas on what ftp settings I need to change to get the site properly uploaded?

thanks for any help
    Kev
    Kev Challis
    www.procutvinyl.co.uk

Well after many attempts I have managed to get the index page uploaded now.

Kev
    Kev Challis
    www.procutvinyl.co.uk

Comment

Have a read of this, you only need to use snapshots.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        Have a read of this, you only need to use snapshots.
        thanks for the info.

Should save me a bit of time.

Kev
        Kev Challis
        www.procutvinyl.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X