uploading problem - actinic 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uploading problem - actinic 6

Yesterday I altered the prices of some of my Greetings Cards and each time I attempt to upload my shopping cart I receive this message. 'Unable to connect to the FTP server because the specified username or password is incorrect'.

I altered a couple of product details a month ago and and uploaded without any problems then. As am not up on the technical side of things I haven't touched any of the settings and haven't a clue as to what to do to rectify the problem. Hope someone can help please.

Sounds like a bad connection or server problems - try again in the morning and if it fails check your host

Comment

Thanks

Have just tried to upload again and am still getting the same FTP message. Will contact them tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
      Su

Comment

A thought,
        As mentioned I attempted to upload the changes earlier, but to no avail, later on tho' I was able to to receive and download an order. If there was a problem with the server or host would I still be able to do this? Also am not having any probs. accessing my website, emails etc - would these be affected if the server/host was the problem?

Comment

The site will definitely work (for normal customers shopping) without needing FTP. I think that you can also download orders without FTP working.

Try Advanced / Network Setup / Test and tell us what that reports.

If that still fails try using another FTP program to connect to your server.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

This a.m did the Advanced / Network Setup / Test and received same message. Contacted the host co. as suggested and was informed that system changes had been made.

They said they had informed all their agents that they had a certain amount of time in which contact their customers advising of the alterations and giving them new passwords. Some agents had apparently been slow to do this or had failed to do so. I have now been given a new password and the system is working well again.

Thank you for your help and advice. Much appreciated.
            Su

Comment

Working...
            X