Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with SSL & shopping basket

Hi,

I've used Actinic for a couple of years and never had as many problems as I have since I upgraded to V8!!!!

Ironed most of them out but two problems still remain:

1. For some reason the SSL settings I used previously no longer work now I have upgraded. When I run a test it tells me the server address cannot be resolved and that ..."The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

I run the SSL set up wizard but this always crashes halfway through (just after it asks me where the cgi-bin and web root directories are stored) very frustrating!!

2. When buying products on the site the shopping cart in the top right does not update (I'm using the Smart theme). The items are in the basket when checked and will go to checkout but when you go on any product or section page the cart appears empty.

Please help!!!

Originally posted by Vic_linen
    2. When buying products on the site the shopping cart in the top right does not update (I'm using the Smart theme). The items are in the basket when checked and will go to checkout but when you go on any product or section page the cart appears empty.

Please help!!!
    If you're using IE6, it could be the same problem as THIS THREAD
    Tracey

Comment

Hi

No, its version 7.

Comment

Might be a good idea....

If I put the website on here, then people can see for themselves...

www.victorialinen.co.uk

Thanks

Comment

the reason the cart doesn't update is because it's on:

http://www.victorialinen.veriovps.co...CTION=SHOWCART

whereas the website is on http://www.victorialinen.co.uk/

These are different domains so a cookie in one won't be visible on the other (at least with most browser settings).

I think you'll need to find out what the correct network settings are for verio vps.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

get the network settings correct then the SSL/CGI error should also disapear

Comment

Many thanks

the shopping basket is now right, it was pointing to the wrong URL, thanks for that.

Will see if changing round the URL's will also work for the SSL....!

Comment

Working...
              X