Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shared SSL protocol version

I am on 8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA
    I uploaded a new site to a 4surehosting account bought by my client and all was well until I did a test purchase when I got the following:
    A General Script Error Occurred
    Error: The shared SSL site is out of sync with the Actinic Ecommerce version. The catalog requested protocol version 3, but the shared SSL site only supports protocol version(s) 1,2,.
    Anyone seen this before or have an answer?
    Thanks
    Jonathan
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

A search of the forum for that error error makes it look like something you should be talking to 4sure about.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Olderscot
      I have challenged 4sure and they blame Actinic for updating! I think they are on the case, just wondered if there was something I should be doing about it plus putting it into the community domain.
      I posted here because a search brought no results, is that what you mean?
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

I posted here because a search brought no results, is that what you mean?
        Not quite. This is what my search brought up.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...is+out+of+sync

What were you searching on?

Mike

Comment

I searched in v8. Nice to know I am not alone. 4 sure have gone very quiet! I have Vs 7 and Vs 6 sites up on Internetters and had no probs by the way!
          Jonathan Chappell
          Website Designer

Comment

Just had this from 4sure: It makes everything clear I think:

From Techno-Web Ltd: "We contacted Actinic who confirmed that due to 8.5.2 that a new SSL Toolkit would need to be deployed, which was delivered via email to us at the end of today, so this is now with us and server techs will conduct test deployments with the new toolkit and once they have confirmed that it works okay, will then deploy it onto production playforms for general Actinic Shared SSL user usage, which will probably be a couple of days, but afraid this will the quickest end to this, as they will not install straight onto the production systems without a full test, as it could end up killing all of the existing and operating users, which would be a disaster, and the toolkits provided in the past have been known to have errors, so this is the policy for new toolkits issued from Actinic to us.
            So, this should (so long as the toolkit they provided) be resolved for 8.5.2 users within a couple of days, so by Thursday is the best bet on this one to allow for 2 days etc.
            Apologies this has occurred, but this was beyond our control or knowledge as Actinic did not advise anyone about the new requirements under 8.5.2 for SSL toolkit operators, so this is being turned around as quickly as possible considering the lack of pre-information provided for this from Actinic, but we are going to get this sorted soonest.
            Technical Support
            Techno-Web Ltd"
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer

Comment

I really am amazed that Actinic didn't tell their partners that they'd need a new toolkit for shared SSL with 8.5.2.

Very poor release control and someone in Actinic needs to put their hands up and learn the lesson.

Mike

Comment

I tend to agree, but we haven't heard Actinic's side of it! All seems a bit odd really. Thank you for your interest and support Mike, Merry Christmas!
                Jonathan Chappell
                Website Designer

Comment

The problem came about here because maintenance releases do not usually require changes to the Shared SSL Toolkit - but 8.5.2 did. So unfortunately there was nothing in the release plan to ensure our Shared SSL partners are notified of new releases before the general public is.

This has now been rectified and will not happen again.

Comment

Thanks Chris.

I was surprised at this slip up as Actinic usually get these kind of things right. It's a good job this got picked up early before more people upgrade (although I've no idea how many people use shared SSL).

Mike

Comment

Problem still persists despite all the reassurances

Happy New Year. Despite reassurances two weeks ago from 4sure and Actinic I still get: "Error: The shared SSL site is out of sync with the Actinic Ecommerce version. The catalog requested protocol version 3, but the shared SSL site only supports protocol version(s) 1,2,." Can someone at Actinic get together with someone at 4sure and sort it out as at the moment I am out of pocket with a product I can't sell to my customer who is waiting for his otherwise finished website!!!!!!!
                      Jonathan Chappell
                      Website Designer

Comment

Just got this from 4sure - amazing they are there on New Years day!!!!!

Dear Jonathan,
                        The system has been deployed, but we need you to use a slightly different set of settings in the configure element of your software for the Actinic Shared SSL.When you go into the Actinic Shared SSL settings, it provides a drop down to select us or an

unlisted provider.

Please select unlisted provider and enter the following details:

URL: https://actinic.ssl.eu.com/cgi-bin/
                        Test mode: not enabled
                        User ID: As previously issued to you.
                        Script ID: 10
                        Script Extention: .pl

Assign that info, update the site and you should work fine under 8.5.2 operation.

Because of the rush out of this Actinic Shared SSL toolkit, we are not directly replacing the

previously working system until this has had time to bed in, so running both at the same time

for now.

Hope this helps and let us know if you need anything further.

Technical Support
                        Techno-Web Ltd

Hope this helps anyone else?

Cheers J
                        Jonathan Chappell
                        Website Designer

Comment

Working...
                        X