Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I replace only part of website with shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I replace only part of website with shop?

I am administrator to a current business website that was created before I started the company. I have since been asked to add an online shop to it, and have therefore created one with Actinic Catalog with all our products on. What I need to do is simply replace only the products pages of the current website with what I have created in Actinic.

How would I go about doing that? At the moment the shop looks like an entire different website and is currently a link from the current website called "online shop". I am worried that if I upload it, it will duplicate most things and make the website confusing. All I need to do is replace just the products on the current website with the ones I have created in Actinic, now with prices on else customers would be clicking on our products, then having to go to the shop link to buy it, when they should just be able to click on the product once and add to cart.

Help please!! Thanks.

Actinic requires you to work in reverse to the method you have described. You must delete all the current websites product pages and use actinic to create the pages.

You will also need to shange the layouts within Actinic to make them look like your current site - then all pages will blend.

You could of course go the full hog and replace your current website pages with Actinic brochure pages so the entire websire has one look and feel and you only have one tool to play with.

I'd suggest going back to the documentation provided by Actinic or taking some more time to search this forum for ideas already documented here to get a better idea of how to integrate actinic.

Remember - for an easy life you should allow actinic to do what it wants and bend the rest of the site to meet actinics criteria rather than make actinic match your current site

Comment

We had a similar situation, with a web site that had 4 sections where 3 sections were just content, and only the 4th section was the shop.

We recreated the shop part within Actinic, making it look as similar as possible to the way it looked before, so that the shop blended in with the other sections, and the casual visitor to the site may well not be aware of the difference between the different sections.

Hendrik
      www.grand-illusions.com

Comment

Working...
      X