Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panic time, window showing upload progress refuses to show

v8 8.0.4

I've swapped hosts and wanted to set the catalog to suspend.
    I set the tick boxes and then pressed the upload button - now the window showing progress is NOT showing, I can see the cursor showing hourglass - but no progress window
    I've closed actinic, tried again
    compacted actinic, tried again,
    i've rebooted, tried again - still no progress window

when I close actinic and then start up actinic, a message says "Actinic is running but there are no windows", click on that and I get a simple message "PARAMETER error"

I need to upload, the email's are not showing up on the new hosts machine
    anyone got any ideas please.
    www.just-good-prices.co.uk
    For all your mobility and disability needs at Just Good Prices

It might be a corrupt script. Try changing the script number and then uploading.

V8.0.4 is very early V8. If I were I'd consider updating to V8.5.2. fairly soon.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I have just installed v8.5.2 on another computer ready for the upgrade, but means checking any changes made before I can suspend the website - takes too much time.
      I have just "reinstalled" the SAME version again - makes no change - still a missing progress window.

next trick to remove actinic and then re-install again - not sure if that cures but must try - problem is all only one site NEEDS upgrading to try to cure the problem, other sites do not YET need upgrading, and upgrading is a one way trip - once done, I can't downgrade back to 8.0.4

Ah.
      brainwave. I have a copy of all the web pages from the suspended site with the words "now suspended" on the page and the buy-now button removed.
      I will manually FTP these to the site so at least no-one can order on the web
      gives me chance to sort out the issue

this will NOT cure the problem, just give me more time to sort out the missing window

any other ideas please

Dagmar

Comment

Open task manager and see if you have an invisible copy of catalog running. If so close it from there.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

moving temporary copies of the "catalog suspended" html pages using FTP has worked, the new server shows suspended correctly,

its just the physical actinic programme I need to change now to allow me to update the web. - the strange thing is, the "test network settings" has passed everything except the receipt of new mails

time to keep on playing - more deas

PS - great great news, someone has just ordered something over the phone having read the "suspended message" proving the new web pages is working (updated just in time by the looks of things)

dagmar

Comment

it gets more and more stranger.
            If I switch to 'test mode' the window showing progress returns and the upload can continue.
            If I then switch back to 'production mode' the 'progress window' again disaapears

I tried to create a new site and then restore the data from a snapshot. again, in 'production mode' no window, but again in 'test mode' the progress window returns.

there is clearly something wrong - don't know what though.

Comment

did you try a network test?
              If so, what result does this give?

It may be worth changing your script id and refreshing the site
              Tracey

Comment

network test completes 100% correctly. in production and in test - everything works including emails.

I've changed the script ID, made no difference.

its just strange that production doesn't show the progress but testmode does.
                tomorrow I'm going to uninstall actinic 100% including the registry and then re-install I need to reinstall 8.0.4 because I am not yet ready for the new 8.5.2 but I am guessing I will need to go there if 8.0.4 doesn't work.

its been a cra* day and tomorrow can start again.

thanks for the ideas.,

dagmar

Comment

been playing all day since early.
                  No matter what I do, the progress window refuses to show.
                  I have tried
                  1. going back to an earlier backup - nothing
                  2. compacting - nothing
                  3. swapping to test mode - shows progress window - swap back to production - no window
                  4. un-installed actinic - reinstall 8.0.3 - upgrade to 8.0.4 - restore OLD backup - no window
                  5. register new website - restore backup - upload - no window
                  6. used spare laptop and installed 8.5.2 - upgraded last backup from 8.0.4 - upload - no window - swap to testmode - gets the progress window - swap back to production - no window.
                  7. back to original install PC - licence new site, import my network settings - start upload - PROGRESS WINDOW SHOWS but ONLY until I restore a backup into the site then the progress window disappears
                  8. Tried to export a flatfile from the bad site into the new site - fails to import

its clearly something going wrong with productionMode in THAT site but I am now at the end of what I can do

whats the easiest way to export the pages of the currupt site and then upload into the new registered website - still measn I have to play with all the settings but at the moment, I don't have a site at all.

my only solution at the moment is to change the words at the top of the html pages using dreamweaver to says "site is being upgraded - telephone orders only" - and then ftp those back to the site - at least this way, it buys more time

perhaps there is a utility that support has to totally wipe actinic from the system 100% - all the files, all the registry, all the classes inside the registry , everything.

Comment

more lack of progress - I refuse to give up

On the Houskeeping - backup option there is a choice of "recover database" - this doesnt work, both the "current backup()" and the "previous backup()" is grey

Not sure what has happened, but I can't use the previous backup even when I do 4 or more a day.

"web refresh" doesnt work - doesnt show the progress window

does anyone know if I can use "generate website" option on the web menu? - it says its for older versions but perhaps I can use that to generate the pages to then manually ftp the connection - if so, where does it put the html - can I use that and also generate scripts for the ftp??

on the web menu there is a "send files" - it does not show a progress window - should it??

sorry for so many questions but everything I try and read doesnt work.

Comment

At two-thirty this morning, I had a good idea. (well I thought it was), a last desperate attempt, I renamed catalog.mdb to catalog-corrupt.mdb file in the sites folder and then I renamed the acd file to zip format then found catalog.mdb inside and copied it back to the site folder.

guess what - no progress window. I think its not the database thats corrupt its the programme or registry.
                      I've looked in the registry but I dont know what I should be looking for.

its been a bad weekend. I am still no nearer a working shop - the only good thing is that I have received phone calls from customers, so at least I can try to sell them something, but I can't tell how many people read the "phone only message" and don't bother.

I now need to talk to support

dagmar

Comment

Working...
                      X