Weird things on Fasthosts Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird things on Fasthosts Linux

My php stopped working on Friday afternoon (fasthosts windows hosting).
    We finally decided it must be a hosting issue, so we changed to fasthosts linux yesterday. We seemed to have propagation issues with the load balancing so took that off this morning. Propagation on the new server is probably not complete, but we are getting weird intermittent errors on the site with images starting to load then disappearing. Also we are getting intermittent 404 errors. I am running out of options and would appreciate any advice.

The test domain (http://domain1776235.sites.fasthosts.com/) gives this error,

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in /home/domains/html/index.php on line 25

is pending on this server. Please allow up to two minutes for to become fully active.

Pete
    www.proadventure.co.uk
    www.proadventure.co.uk/acatalog

Try a site refresh

Comment

Refresh

I have done several times. I do get an error with merging the incremental updates.

Comment

New Error

Just got a new error when clicking on a best seller.

Internal Server Error
        The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@proadventure.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I am confused and bedazzled after three days of hassle.

all I can think of now is trying a new host.

Comment

It might be your best option. Fasthosts haven't got very good reports by some on the forum.

Comment

New host

Who would you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by proadventure
              Just got a new error when clicking on a best seller.

Internal Server Error
              The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@proadventure.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I am confused and bedazzled after three days of hassle.

all I can think of now is trying a new host.
              is this in addition to the first error or has that gone?

have you checked the permissions on the cgi-bin (should be 755)
              Tracey

Comment

In addition, how do I test the permissions?

Comment

using your ftp program.
                  log onto your site and, most likely, right click to choose "permissions" or "chmod" (I think..can't get into my ftp program at the minute, it needs to upgrade ) or similar from the menu
                  Tracey

Comment

Solution

I changed hosts in the end. The only problem was I found the wrong DNS addresses on their site. Sorted in the end though.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X