Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Download - store of the digital products

Hi -

I have v8 Actinic Catalog, but havn't used Digital Download yet.

However, we will be offering our customers digital products by this method soon hopefully.

Could somebody confirm: the digital files that the customer will be downloading, MUST these be stored on the same domain, i.e. in the same actual webspace that the Actinic software itself is running on? Or can the actual digital products be stored somewhere else?

The reason I ask is that we currently host our Actinic store with a dedicated Actinic hosting company, but our allocation of disk space with their standard package is tiny with an outrageous charge for disk psace 'overusage', whereas we have tons of spare disk space on other domains / other hosting companies - it would be great if we could use that space for the digital files.

We don't mind changing the scripts to achieve this if anybody knows how.

Many thanks in advance -

pete

All on same domain, actinic handles it all from one place. Can you change packages if that bad? Hosting is the cheapest cost on the planet for what you get, i think people need to have a go at setting up B&M shops to understand how cheap it actually is. Have a good look round, i'm sure there will be some better deals out there for you.

Comment

Hi,

I use DD for all my products. I'm on V7 and not exactly sure if V8 handles files any differently, but all I get is a file reference which has to be in "Site1", else won't work, as Lee states, but I have to admit I have not had to look into this deeply?

Also, I use Pinbrook, and I believe they where looking at a DD package, i.e. priced specifically for high server space against the balance of bandwidth, ( or something like that). Nice to see where that is in the running?

Happy hunting. S.
      esafetysigns.co.uk
      your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
      ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
      http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

Working...
      X