BT Network Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Network Settings

I have moved a site from demon to BTConnect. Although the site has gone up OK and the first part of the order process works, it fails to complete the process. The error message states it is either due to Perl, cgi or Posts to cgi. Does anyone know what the network settings are for BT Connect? Many thanks.

What do you mean when you say the first part of the process works? How far does it get, can we have a URL?

I wonder if any of the cgi scripts work.

Personally i am not sure if Actinic will work within BTConnect webspace.

Comment

Do Web / Network Setup / Test and report what happens.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Unless things have changed hosting Actinic with BT will probably not work - they are incredibly tight on what you can and can not do on their servers - I looked at them 2 years back and concluded it would never run.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Comment

There are a few previous threads on BTconnect so a search will give you more information.

Amongst them is this from May 2006

Finally got an answer from bt. To be able to use Actinic on there hosting package you have to have the Internet Business Pack (Which is the hosting package) as well you MUST have their web publisher pack which enables Perl on the account.
            Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

thanks

Many thanks for all your help. It seems like BT is a no no with Actinic.

Comment

Originally posted by megheath
                Many thanks for all your help. It seems like BT is a no no with Actinic.
                BT have a block on access to email servers unless you request them to allow different domains. This might also mean they block other possible unwanted access.
                I use BT as a host but also have a company domain for the receipt of email and BT servers blocked my mail access. After talking to them, they added our company domain to an "allowed" list and from then on, my email works with BT.
                Don't write BT off carte blanche, talk to them and you'll probably resolve any problems you have.

Comment

Working...
                X