Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does DGI-BIN have to b in the public root folder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does DGI-BIN have to b in the public root folder?

Just gone to rackspace and they have set up the hosting with the cgi-bin at root level whereas on the previous hosting, the cgi-bin was inside public_html (public root folder). We are getting an upload error on the wizard saying 'An error occured while sending an HTTP request to the web server.......'

The IT firm who are supposed to be handling this for me think this is not the case but I am thinking it is. Any thoughts as at the moment, we have no site!
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

I had this same problem when I moved hosts last December. After a day or two creating a new CGI-BIN folder in the place that it had been on the previous server, because that was what I was familiar with & thought it needed to be, I was told that due to the server's configuration it had to stay where it was. To all intents & purposes it would appear to be at the same level, even though it didn't look to be. Can't find the email telling me that, though.

The answer was therefore to change the network settings accordingly, using the Wizard to point to the folder location.

Did that & never looked back.
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Just remembered we have actinic cover (doh) so put in a call and they set it all up for me and it seems to be working so far. Just refreshing now. Not sure what I had wrong but it must have been something.
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

OK off topic now.

Blimey, your site's intense!

Presumably your customers know what they want, none of it meant anything to me. Personally I'd suggest edit your css & go up a font size.

But that's just me.

Paul
        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
        X