No announcement yet.

upload catalog to 1and1 host website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You image paths are wrong ( eg http://www.shop.horseshoesaddlery.co...l/topfade.jpg). Did you manually code them? Just place all images in the Site1 folder (or a subfolder of that) then Actinic will upload then automatically. (Your references in Actinic must match of course though)

Comment

Wow I can see my catalog !! You're brilliant ! Now on to the problem of the images. This catalog was originally designed for me by a third party who did the design himself though I do think the images are on my pc somewhere, what do you think is best - look for the images and put them in the Site1 folder (bearing in mind I don't know how to reference them in Actinic) or go with an Actinic template?

Comment

Actually the missing images are what my previous web site looked like and I think the images were held on the previous host server and I dont need them now, I only need the images that are actually visible and not the images that aren't, can I tell Actinic to stop looking for them?

Comment

I would recommend that you find the images and copy then into your site1 folder. Then in Actinic go through each and every section and product and check that the images locations are set correctly. It's long-winded but will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine Hall
            Actually the missing images are what my previous web site looked like and I think the images were held on the previous host server and I dont need them now, I only need the images that are actually visible and not the images that aren't, can I tell Actinic to stop looking for them?
            If Actinic thinks it needs them then they are configured somewhere in Actinic or hard coded on your pages. You will need to find the references and correct them in Actinic or the layouts.

Comment

I remember now, he sent me a text file called primary I had to copy it into design options, how do I undo that?

Comment

I'm a bit confused.
                It appears that the site that you have up so far is v6 - this this is a new site?

Comment

Yes and No. My original site was designed by a third party - and hosted by them and data stored on their computer (I could go in and edit data if I needed to) it included Actinic shopping and he installed v6 on my pc and all that data is held on my pc and I update it as necessary. I paid over £3k for this in 2004. I wanted to update how my site looked and found the third party editing system very time consuming, restrictive & difficult, I asked the third party to make changes to my home pages (I was paying them £45 per month), but they didn't so I decided to go to 1and1, design my own home pages and send my actinic shopping to my 1and1 site. The website name has always been my own.

Comment

design my own home pages
                    I presume in Actinic - if so then you dont need a separate subdomain - just set the network setting up using the main domain

Comment

Working...
                    X