• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload not working

When I try doing an upload, actinic does the following;

- Checking HTML pages
    - Checking catalog

It then goes through checking search indices, but when it gets to the point of "creating remote directory structure" the upload window disappears. Actinic then continues to function normally. So it doesn't crash or hang.

I have compacted and repair the database in actinic and access, but this hasn't helped. I have also restarted our internet connection and tried at two different locations, but this hasn't helped.

Support are looking into it but are taking there time.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Cheers
    Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Ditto, i've had this at least 30-40 times also. If you click on upload straight after, it goes through fine for me, it seems to give up sometimes on the first attempt. No pattern as to when and also happening on different sites.

Comment

Likewise I've also seen this quite a few times. The upload window just disappears. As Lee says just pressing upload again does the trick for me too.

Comment

I have tried multiple times, but maybe not straight after. Will give it ago and let you know. Shame it takes so long to find out.

Cheers
        Jethro

Comment

No joy.

I have restarted my PC (incase it helps), then tried uploading, it then stopped tried again straight after and same problem. I have tried this multiple times now.

Help please.
          Jethro

Comment

Sounds like you perhaps need to chase support.

Comment

I have encountered this too. How many lines were you trying to upload?

With one store it was after a mass import and we found 5 page names with forbidden db characters in the page name (*/| etc).

We removed them, trimmed the products to under 5k and it went up.

Don't know if this helps you...
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

OK

started to get this problem yesterday, i made one minor change to a site (change a hardcoded link) and now when i click upload, i get the egg timer but actinic carries on functioning.

I have switched to another site and it works ok, i have exported a snapshot and imported it to the V9.0.1 beta and it works fine, i have created another site in V9 and imported it to that, nope does not work.

obviously something slightly wrong in the DB, the upgrade to another version obviously cures the problem.

Anyone any ideas as to were to start, or will actinic please release the V9.0.1 into production

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                  will actinic please release the V9.0.1 into production

D
                  not til it's working properly, please!!

have you tried changing the script id?
                  drastic, I know, but sometimes works
                  Tracey

Comment

Afternoon

Why did i not think of that, and its one of the things i do most often.

TY seems ok now, will upload then change it back and see what happens

D

Comment

OK changed it back and it is working ok now? very odd

D

Comment

Working...
                      X