splitting the catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

splitting the catalog

hope someone can help me... is it possible to get actinic v5 to split the pages when there are more than say, 50 products to display. 150 products on 3 pages.....

I think you have to do this manually

Make the products 50-100 and 100-150 subsections of the first section and hardcode a link to these pages.

V6 lets you provide back and next links
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

im using excel to create the file that i import into Actinic.

if i set up the sub-sections in excel i cant import it.- the import allows section name - but no sub-section name.

I can do this in actinic but id still like to keep my data in excel where i can print stock lists easily.

Also, if i have say, 10 items @ £10 each, in the product listing it says that the item cost is £100. anyone any ideas.

Hope someone can help

thanks

Comment

What makes you think you can't import sub-sections?

in older versions you had to put | between the section names (key to the left of z)

ie section|sub-section1|subsection2

I am not aware that this has changed....look at the sample csv import file supplied by actinic (it uses |)

Comment

V6 lets you provide back and next links

You can do it in v5 as well. Include the following code in Act_Primary, Act_Header or Act_ProductBody to include Next/Previous section links in Actinic.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
          <tr>
          <td><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_URL">
          NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_NAME
          </a>
          </td>
          <td align="right">
          <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_URL">
          NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_NAME
          </a>
          </td>
          </tr>
          </table>

Comment

i am trying to implement the code above in V5. I've pasted the code ok.

I assume this code will allow me to have 100 items in a section with a next/previous after each 10

but what else do I need to know?

should I structure my sections in a particular way?
            how many products appear before the next /prevoius comes into play?

Comment

You still have to split your large section in to a number of sub-sections. It is just the code above, when pasted into an Overall Layout (Primary) Template will take customers from one sub-section to another, horizontally, through the structure of the store.

Comment

Hi Chris

I got this to work....after a fashion in V5.

When I pasted the code into act-primary I didn't see any next/previous links, so I took it out of Act_primary and put it into act_header and it worked.....with one problem it shows sections which are hidden.

ie sections which are marked as Hide on Website have a previous or next link! No thank you...

Comment

Working...
                X