Actinic v9 And Fasthosts Windows Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v9 And Fasthosts Windows Servers

A quick howto on the settings I used to successfully upload Actinic to a FastHosts Windows Server can be found here

Let me know if it helps.

Regards
    Richard Cooper
    www.frozenskys.co.uk

Richard,

I am thinking switch to Fasthosts. They have Linux packages, would it be wise to test their linux server as well?? Would you be able to give us feedbacks?? Many thanks.
    Vincent
    United Herbs

Comment

Put fasthosts into the search box and note the number of results (153), i'm sure you can find a less problematic host to work with actinic.

Comment

surely someone would have sort out the fasthosts setting by now!

the reason i would like to go over to fasthosts is that my other non e-commerce site are all managed under fasthosts. i am very happy with their hosting.

is anyone out there are actually using fasthosts (linux package) with actinic??

please get in touch!
        Vincent
        United Herbs

Comment

The issue is a setting at Fasthost's end with regards to timeouts. Their Windows hosting is great, best i know of, they just don't work too well with Actinic.

Comment

Definition of;

webhost: a company that puts websites on the internet. Webhosting = putting people's websites on the internet...

fasthost: a masochistic method of trying to run an online shop using actinic

Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

What a shame! I quite like their other services.
              Vincent
              United Herbs

Comment

Are the spamers back

Comment

Not spam.

Just trying to help out with problems people are having on Fasthosts - I have been using them for a long time, and yes they are not the best however for those people stuck with them I would like to help - it took me ages to figure out how to get actinic working properly on their windows hosting. I have used their Linux packages in the past and had problems then also.

We (as a company) are just getting started with actinic having done mainly non e-commerce stuff in the past. We also have a new client using plus.net so will be posting the results and setup tips for them if we come across any problems.

For the record I don't recommend Fasthosts as a hosting company and I think that there are many better ones out there.

Regards,
                  Richard.

Comment

Working...
                  X