Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 and 1 Mail set up Problems !!

My server is 1and1 and I have the Professional Package

I am unable to get the mail feature working and after reading through all the previous posts I am still stumped.

I am able to send and receive emails using Outlook Express with the settings as follows:-

Incoming Mail pop.1and1.co.uk
    Outgoing Mail auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk
    Incoming Mail Server-Account name orders@spellfame-karting.co.uk
    Password ************

Outgoing Mail Server
    My server requires authentication is TICKED
    Settings
    I have tried use Same Settings as my incoming mail server
    AND also
    Log On
    Incoming Mail Server-Account name orders@spellfame-karting.co.uk
    Password ************

I have used the above settings which work in Actinic with no joy, just a lot of frustration, as follows

1/
    In Advanced Network Setup I used the above settings:
    With auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk
    User name orders@spellfame-karting.co.uk
    Password ************
    USER NAME & PASSWORD REQUIRED is TICKED

gets the following response
    SERVER passed
    CONNECTION passed
    SOCKETS passed
    COMMUNICATION failed
    AUTHENTICATION failed
    MESSAGE SMTP authentication is not supported by this server

2/
    With auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk
    Password ************
    USER NAME & PASSWORD REQUIRED is TICKED

SERVER passed
    CONNECTION failed
    SOCKETS passed
    COMMUNICATION failed
    AUTHENTICATION failed
    MESSAGE SMTP connection refused

3/
    With auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk
    Password ************
    USER NAME & PASSWORD REQUIRED is NOT TICKED

SERVER passed
    CONNECTION passed
    SOCKETS passed
    COMMUNICATION failed
    AUTHENTICATION failed
    MESSAGE SMTP authentication is not supported by this server

4/
    With auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk
    Password ************

SERVER passed
    CONNECTION failed
    SOCKETS passed
    COMMUNICATION failed
    AUTHENTICATION failed
    MESSAGE SMTP connection refused

5/
    With auth.smtp.mrvnet.kundenserver.de
    Password ************

SERVER failed
    CONNECTION failed
    SOCKETS failed
    COMMUNICATION failed
    AUTHENTICATION failed
    MESSAGE -

6/
    With smtp.mrvnet.kundenserver.de
    Password ************

SERVER failed
    CONNECTION failed
    SOCKETS failed
    COMMUNICATION failed
    AUTHENTICATION failed
    MESSAGE -

When I used the CONFIGURE WEB SITE DETAILS everything is fine until I get to the MAILSERVER section and it stops giving the

following message:- ERROR OCCURED WHEN SENDING HTTP REQUEST TO WEB SERVER. PERHAPS NETWORK OR SERVER IS DOWN.

I have tried both auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk and auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk and mrvnet.kundenserver.de as server names.

I have closed Actinic after changes to clear the cache but still the same.

The settings work with no problem at all OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Is the software registered to a set web address or is it just any ONE web address?

Please can anyone help.

Regards,
    Robin Antill
    1st Choice Leisure Buildings
    Robin Antill - Fan of Actinic.https://community.sellerdeck.com/cor...lies/smile.gif My Site 1st Choice Leisure Buildings

Check my post here. I have many sites with 1and1 and they are all set up this way:
    http://community.actinic.com/showpos...88&postcount=1

Comment

Also make sure your email address configured in the Actinic Business settings is configured in the 1and1 mail setup in your control panel.

Also see attached image.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for your replies:

How do I get a printout of my 1and1 Network Settings? so I can check although I think they are the same.

I did try mrvnet.kundenserver.de but they get a response of FAILED.

I am on the Professional Package with 1and1 which is higher package than Business or Business Pro.

I enclose 3 screen shots which also shows the Outlook Express settings which do work.

Regards,
        Robin
        Attached Files
        Robin Antill - Fan of Actinic.https://community.sellerdeck.com/cor...lies/smile.gif My Site 1st Choice Leisure Buildings

Comment

Outlook Express has nothing to do with Actinic - Actinic uses SNMP for mail on the server side.

In Actinic in Network settings you can select to export your settings to a text file. Paste them in a code window here with passwords removed.

Do you have linux hosting or MS?

Comment

Hu Duncan,

I only put the Outlook Express settings to show what they work and that I was using these same settings in Actinic.

I have Linux hosting.

I enclose a print out of my settings.

What I have is a main account from which I can point domain names to different parts of the server space. I set up domain.co.uk to access the space '/ domain' on FTP Host maindomainhost.co.uk This means when you type in 'domain.co.uk' the web pages served is www.domain.co.uk NOT maindomainhost.co.uk. However, I believe, this is only to do with the web pages, not the email. Perhaps you may have an idea about this.

Regards,
            Robin
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Duncan,
              I have Linux Hosting.

My server space is maindomainhost.co.uk which is my root directory.
              From there I can allocate space for individual web sites. i.e domain.co.uk is pointed at web space '/domain' i.e when people type in 'domain.co.uk' they go straight to 'domain.co.uk' with the web pages stored in '/domain' on my server space, however, I don't think this affects my email locations.

I enclose a list of my network connections.

Regards,
              Robin
              Attached Files

Comment

Try localhost for SMTP server name.

Comment

Hi Duncan,
                  Tried Localhost but no luck.
                  I did manage to authenticate SMTP for the emails.
                  Still no joy.
                  Regards,
                  Robin

Comment

I seem to remember from previous posts that the trick here is to to clear the smtp username and password before unticking the username and password required boxes.

This should work with auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk

Mike
                    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,
                      Thanks for your replies. I did contact 1and1 and they were pretty hopeless.
                      In view of the comments about people struggling with 1and1 I thought I would see if there were any recommendations with other hosting companies.

Someone recommended http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/ and when I looked on their site I saw that they were well used to hosting Actinic web sites. I took out the very basic package with them @ £24.99 per YEAR to see if I could get my software to work.

When I got my website pointing at their web site I uploaded my Actinic web site but still had some problems with the mail side. I sent an email to 4surehosting and received a reply back within about 1 hour. This did not solve the problem so I emailed again and also received another swift reply, to no avail. I then send them a screen shot and about 2 hours later, still less than 24 hours since I signed up with them they sent back a possible solution, as they believed there could be a bug in Actinic. (I am on version 8.5.3) By following their instructions I got my mailing system to work 100%. The following is what they said to do:-

This may be due to a bug in Actinic v8. Can you please try the following:

Go to 'Settings | Business Settings | Ordering' and disable all the email options and leave 'Send Receipt Email Copies to' blank
                      Go to 'Web | Network Setup' and remove 'localhost' from the SMTP Server settings.
                      Then do a 'Web | Configure Web Site Details' again.

If that completes successfully, add 'localhost' back into the SMTP Server settings, and renable the email options in the Business Settings.

Then do a 'Web | Web Refresh' for the first upload of the site.
                      Technical & Configurations Support
                      Techno-Web Ltd

I can not praise 4surehosting high enough. Even though I was on their cheapest package they helped me swiftly and efficently. I would recommend them to anyone who is running Actinic is they are having problems, or indeed not. I can now move forward implementing my web site www.spellfame-karting.co.uk and hopefully will have the shop running in the next few weeks. I will be moving my other sites over to them in due course when my contract runs out.

Their emails works far better than any other email system I have used in the past, as well.

Amazingly good service which is a pleasure to report.

Robin

Comment

Working...
                      X