Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will uploading my Catalogue clear all existing Actinic formatting and settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will uploading my Catalogue clear all existing Actinic formatting and settings?

I have a web-designer (www.logotoday.co.uk) and he used actinic to set up my online store for my website www.wiperblades-direct.co.uk, but he only put a few test products in and did some style formatting so it matched the rest of my site.
    Basically my problem is this! i need to keep the existing formatting and stuff he has uploaded, but i don't have a hard copy of these files on my pc, as they were obviously uploaded locally from his computer. How does one go about downloading what changes he has already made, so that i can add more products and launch the site? as i am pretty sure (not that the manual tells you of cause) that if i just add my products on actinic without doing this i will loose the formatting and changes he has made already made using my actinic V8 software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Chris

Hi,

Your designer would need to send you a snapshot or a design snapshot with the latest changes for you to be able to update your site. If you upload before this then, yes, you will overwrite any changes that he has made and uploaded. Ideally, you shouldn't upload to the site from two different locations because of this problem. If your designer wants to upload to show you changes or test things out then maybe he could upload in test mode (which will put a 'test' folder in your current 'acatalog' folder).
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X