Using own design - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using own design - help needed

I'm creating my first shop for a customer and struggling. Have bought Catalog and want to create shop using page layout created with Dreamweaver. I have delved into the templates but cannot get them to do what I want.
    Do I need to get Developer - will that allow me to do what I want to? Or perhaps just take out the Cover for Catalog in order to get Actinic assistance? What I want the first page to look like is at www.elementally.net/testshop.htm, with the product (or section, as individual) at www.elementally.net/rug.htm. Any guidance would be too welcome for words!
    Thank you
    Barbara
    With kind regards

Barbara

<hr>Barbara Saul
    Elementally...
    Because you don't want a website; you want more business
    We make the Internet work for you
    Telephone: 0845 644 0709<hr>

Download the AUG (Advanced User Guide) and the Developing Guides from http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm They may help you understand. You can use the theory of developer for your Catalog site
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks Gary - I have the Advanced Guide (downloading the guide as we speak), but am still struggling. Would Developer make it easier to figure out?
      With kind regards

Barbara

<hr>Barbara Saul
      Elementally...

Comment

Barbara

If you click my signature link and call me I can give you a 5 minute run down of how we achieve this. Too much to type
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Just to close this off for others who might find useful. Thanks to Gary's input, have now managed to make Actinic fit my design, with a bit of manipulating the templates and setting the section layouts to column-ise (overriding the default settings) - and just knowing that it is possible (was not sure for a while there).
          And all just with Catalog (but will get Developer if more shops work comes my way - feel more capable now!).
          With kind regards

Barbara

<hr>Barbara Saul
          Elementally...

Comment

Hi Barbara, nice to see you here now!
            Jenny
            Hanson Web Design
            www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk