Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture hosting

Hey folks,

I have been viewing my website in test mode and ignoring the following warning for some time now, purley because i have been blinkered with designing and worring about unploading later; now is the time to stop ignoring it as i am now trying to upload my website.

Warning: The HTML templates specify source files (with "SRC=" commands) that reside in directories other than the Online Store Folder on the web site. Actinic can not handle these files and they are being omitted from the list of files to upload.

No source files in the templates should have a path. Store them in the site specific directory locally, and they will be uploaded to the Actinic web directory.

I prusume resolvment should be to copy my web pics to an "on-line store folder?" but which folder? there doesnt seem to be one.

Any advise would be a great help....

Cheers,

Graham

all images should be placed in your site1 folder - then actinic will find them and upload them.

Comment

Hey Jo,

Thanks for the quick response.

Where can i find 'site folder 1'

C:\Program Files\Actinic v9 ???

Comment

by default v9 installs the program exe into program files but the data ie the site should be in mydocuments

if it isn't in mydocs,try a PC search for "site1"

Comment

Right, got it!

C:\users\graham slade\documents\actinic v9\sites\site1

So i presume i simply copy all my pics to this folder, manually change each pic in actinic to change from: C:\Users\Graham Slade\Desktop\webpics\75x75 images to: the above folder and; hey presto they will uplaod next time i run the wizard?

Comment

If you have a lot of products to change it may be quicker to edit the database directly and find/replace the old/new paths (ensure a backup is taken first)

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

There are two kinds of images you may be using.

1) Those used in the design (logos, buttons, etc). These are best kept in the Site folder.

2) Those used for content (product, section images, etc). These can be kept in the Site folder but are also fine if you put them in a sub-folder of the site. E.g. Images. You're likely to have a LOT of these so separating them into a sub-folder may help with future maintenance.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thats great, all files moved over.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Regards,

Graham

Comment

Working...
                X