This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrieving Orders

I have been using the system for a couple of weeks with absolutely no problems whatsoever, however, the past couple of days I have been having trouble retrieving orders.

Every time I click the "Retrieve Orders" button I get the following error message:

"Actinic received a timeout error from the web server. The server is too busy right now. Try again later."

Can anyone help? I have been unable to retrieve orders for 2 days now.

Thanks

who is your webhost?
    Tracey

Comment

Begin with an F perhaps?

Comment

I was wondering that myself, Duncan!
        Tracey

Comment

Hi, my web host is Streamline.

Never had a problem until now.

Comment

You should contact your host and describe the timeout problem.

Comment

I have submitted a support ticket and am awaiting a response. As I have noted in a previous thred, I have read much about the issues concerning Fasthosts, but I am hosted with Streamline. Seems strange this error has occurred on two different hosting areas at the same time. Are we sure it is not an Actinic issue?

Comment

If this was an Actinic issue then there would be 100x more people posting about this type of problem and mentioning their host.

This is the first time I've heard a host other than Fasthosts experiencing this.
                Is Streamline a reseller for Fasthosts or something.

Comment

Not that I am aware of, Streamline (www.streamline.net) are completely independant. I am sure if it was an Actinic issue there would be more postings, just coincidental that two hosts failed at the same time.

Thanks again

Comment

Streamline does appear to be associated in some way with FastHosts.

Comment

What makes you think so Brian?

Comment

Yes, I also did not know that Streamline and Fasthosts were linked but it does seem strange that the problem is appearing on both at the same time. I am losing orders and am fuming
                        Sam
                        http://www.originaltouch.co.uk
                        http://www.spcb.co.uk

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                          What makes you think so Brian?
                          There is a fair bit on t'internet stating that Streamline uses Fasthosts for their hosting.

A google search on both words was quite revealing, actually
                          Tracey

Comment

You're not wrong...

http://www.hostingwho.com/hosting-s/streamlinenet/

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/fo...p/t-65513.html

Army Gore-tex
                            Winter Climbing Mitts
                            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Well, that is all news to me, I always thought Streamline were independant. I am glad I came to the experts now, thanks.

As an aside, anyone got any recommendations for a decent web host? I have used Freeola in the past, may consider them again.

Comment

Working...
                              X