Downloading orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading orders

Have read the closed thread on this topic, and first off I am not using Fasthosts.
    A customer is experiencing an intermittent problem when downloading orders - she has 3 websites using Actinic V9. What is happening is that with one or another of the sites a time out error is received when trying to download orders, which persists even when going back a lot later to try again. However if she goes to the next site to download that runs OK. Sometimes the timeout occurs half way through downloading a series of orders. When this has occurred I have downloaded orders for her (I have never experienced the problem) which seems then to 'break the log jam' at her end, and she is able to download normally, until maybe a couple of days later...
    I have various other customers using Actinic with active siteson the same server, (Quadra, based in USA) , none have ever mentioned time out errors.
    Any ideas please ?

Hi,

This could be a difficult one to track down but if you don't get a problem and no-one else on that server has a problem then I doubt it's a server problem. It also doesn't really point to an Actinic problem as you can download ok. To me it looks like something on the customers' pc or their internet connection. If they are using a wireless connection maybe they could try a hard-wired connection to see if that helps. The other obvious problem could be firewalls.

It could also be something between the customers' pc and the server which you would have no control over.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X