Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webfusion upload problem

I hope someone can help me,

I've changed my host recently from Streamline to Webfusion as last month there were some problems with order downloading. Since I changed my host I permamently get problems with uploading. It is always 'The operation timed out' error which I have to cancel and then Actinic is telling me that the website will be uploaded using http and not ftp. It is doing that sometimes several times during one upload. I eventually manage to update my website but it is a bit of struggle every single time. I never had this problem on Streamline hosting.

I checked my network settings over and over again and I think they are ok, they test ok in 'Network Setup' anyway. All timeouts are set to the same values as kindly given by RuralWeb on his website here: http://www.ruralwebdesign.co.uk/acat..._cumbrian.html and I checked them agains network settings given by Webfusion themselves. I can FTP my site using FTP programs. I checked permissions on folders as advised somewhere else on this forum and nothing helps... tried to compact databases, gave them a quick call and they said it's probably something on my end and I am running out of ideas what's wrong.

Does anyone know what else can I do please as I start to hate updating my website :-(

export your network settings and email them to me to test for you

Comment

To me it sounds like you have a connection problem. If the settings are working OK but you keep getting time outs.

Have you tried a dialup connection. I always have one as a backup for this sort of thing.

Mal understands webfusion probably more than most so definately take him up on the offer

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

Mal, I emailed you my settings and hope you will see something that I can't.

Darren, I know what you mean. It does look like some sort of connection problem to me too but what's strange is that I started to get this error in the moment I changed my host and the last thing I want to do is changing host again!

Comment

Ive just checked the network settings and they are ok - it passed network test and uploaded to your test space no problems at all. Looks very much like a connection problem - send me a snapshot if you want me to test the full site.

Comment

Ive had the snapshot and the site fails to load for me as well.

I can upload any other site of similar size to the OPs server no problem also the OPs site fails to load onto a current actinic webfusion setup so its not a hosting issue or ISP problem.

When importing the site there were 85 coding errors and a database warning so Im suspecting a problem with the site itself - what else have you done to the site after setting up the hosting. Obviously all went well at some point as the site is working.

If you have a snapshot from before you changed hosting then you could try importing that and importing the network settings to see what happens.

Comment

Thanks a lot Mal, I will be in touch by email. I know, my site is a real mess

Comment

What version are you using, i have heard of others having issue getting certain sites to upload? Some are fine others are a real pig

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Darren. I am on V7. I downloaded v9, tried to upload, still the same dreadful 'time out' error. I signed now for a new host (Pinbrook) and managed to upload my website in one go without any problems so fingers crossed it is going to stay this way

Heavens now why Webfusion did not like me or as Mal suggested perhaps my ISP did not like them so as much as I didn't want to I had to move

Thanks again for your help

Comment

glad you got things sorted

Comment

Quick update

The problem was my router which was I believe too slow. Found out when connected my pc directly to the cable modem and it worked a treat. Now I have a new router which is G+ (whatever it means) and it uploads beautifully. Still not sure why it was uploading to other hosts, must have to do with server settings probably.

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Working...
                      X