Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrating to Fasthosts - Shopping cart problem

Hi

I've seen loads of posts about problems with migrating Actinic to new servers and so far we've gone through the CGI-BIN errors and fixed those with help from some great posts on the forum so thanks to all for that.

We're now encountering a new error - our shopping cart will not retain the 'shipping destination' country information. It just loops around the 'Please select your shipping destination' page and will not progress the orders.

Any suggestions - missing database / CGI script ?

On a less difficult note, our online forms are also no longer working. I've been told this is because Fasthosts won't allow forms that send to an address not hosted on their server, but we use a dedicated email server that we host ourselves. Any loopholes to fix this?

Cheers All

And while you were reading around the forum, did you come across any posts which contained the words "Fasthosts" and "pants"?

This thread
    is just one of many ...
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Sounds like you need to do a purge and refresh.

I doubt you'll find a way around the form issue other than having your accounts hosted with them perhaps.

Unfortunatley you won't find much good news about Fasthosts on the forum here. Their reputation for hosting Actinic stores is not good to put it mildly. Have a search on the forum for Fasthosts and have a read about peoples experiences.

Comment

Ta

Thanks for the er... encouragement.

I have read through the posts that do indeed suggest a lot of 'Fasthosts' and 'pants' however, we have a number of websites which were already with fasthosts and we are trying to consolidate our hosting.

Actinic is only temporary as we will be refreshing the entire site wintin 6months but our current host (name witheld so I don't swear!) is giving us downtime of aroun 2 days a month at present, and we had a full 2 weeks down in August - so..... I'm just the web monkey!

I'll try another purge and refresh, although have done this a couple of times already.

I'll dig a deeper hole and say that we are on V5 Actinic - and please, don't get me started on upgrading!

Comment

I would start with a purge and refresh as stated above.
          Christian

Comment

V5 should be fine.

if its just the one script thats causing an issue, then go get the original version of it from originals folder and replace and upload.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
              Not wishing to sound stoopid, but can you offer any suggestions or point me to any info that tells me which scripts are responsible for what so I can try to identify the correct one to upload?

Ta again!

Comment

It seems to be working fine for me.

If you still have the problem, try deleting the actinic cookie on your PC. It might have been corrupted from earlier problems.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike

The site isn't live on our domain at memory-map.co.uk. I'm testing it on Fasthost's server IP address first - could that be the issue?

Comment

Is it possible to have a look?
                    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Not wishing to sound stoopid, but can you offer any suggestions or point me to any info that tells me which scripts are responsible for what so I can try to identify the correct one to upload?
                      that info is in the knowledge base somewhere, and wil lbe the same for all versions

Comment

Sure its viewable at http://88.208.192.140/

Have sorted the forms using a 3rd party forms package!

Thanks for help in advance!

Comment

Did you move to the most problematic actinic host ever and experience numerous problems? Have you ever walked down the high street and felt that everyone else is walking the other way, that analogy fits well with fasthosts hosting, actinic and your situation.

Comment

you need to do a full purge and refresh as your site is currently stuffed.

one way to check cgi is to do a search - yours doesn't work, it gives an oldprice.fil error. Resolution for this is purge/refresh inc cat,fil files.

get the search working then you can be sure your problem is only the checkout scripts and not cgi in general.

I still recommend replacing all scripts with defaults from original folder, followed by purge and refresh. In V5 you will have to do this manually. FTP to webspace delete all cat, fil, html, pl, pm files.

Comment

Teeheehee!

well, it goes with all the other problems we've had since our major crash in August - we just uploaded a complete backup of the scripts folder and now the shopping cart works marvellously!

Thanks for all the help and support! Only thing not working now is the Search facility - but that wasn't great to start with!

Hopefully go live end of the week - DNS transfers and email forms permitting!

Comment

Working...
                              X