Uploading Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Sites

I have uploaded a site to our server several times over the last couple of weeks and even "put" the site up through Dreamweaver (which I now know is wrong! )

The problem is because the site has been uploaded so many times, there are files and folders everywhere on the server making it a bit confusing.

I've cleared out most of the files to start uploading from scratch.

Do I need to create folders on the server to upload to, or will they be created?

I am certain I have the correct network settings:

Catalog URL:
    http://www.evs-ltd.co.uk/acatalog/

CGI-BIN URL:
    http://www.evs-ltd.co.uk/cgi-bin/

Path from CGI-BIN to acatalog Directory:
    ./acatalog/

Path to CGI-BIN
    cgi-bin/

but now the acatalog only has one file. (A000.cat)
    The Cgi-Scripts have been updated on the server but do not run.

What are the only files that should be on the server? (because I had Preview_HTML and assorts from Dreamweaver)

I'm guessing I have to get the correct files uploaded, then create a Web Site on the server based on these.

Please Hellllpppp!

I have since uploaded the acatalog which sat inside the cgi-bin folder.

My query is still about which folders / files I can delete.

And running CGI-Scripts. I set the permissions following the Actinic Guide. But they still won't run.

In Web|Configure Web Site Details. On CGI-BIN Directory:
    It comes back with a message saying I do not have permission to write to the CGI-BIN.

I have gone onto the server and changed the permissions to give myself Full Control but this makes no difference.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

someone correct me if im wrong but should your not have your acatalog folder under you root aswell as the cgi-bin not your acatalog in your cgi-bin

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

Thanks for your reply Darren,

I have copied the file so it sits under the Web Root alongside the CGI-BIN.

I've obviously got a path wrong somewhere in the Network Setup!

Any Ideas?

Comment

You settings should look something like this, although your perl path is probably different

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
          HTTPPROXYADDRESS
          HTTPPROXYPORT 80
          HTTPPROXYUSER
          HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
          FTPPROXYMODE 0
          FTPPROXYADDRESS
          FTPPROXYPORT 21
          FTPPROXYUSER
          FTPPROXYPASSWORD
          SCRIPTID 1
          SCRIPTEXT .pl
          SMTPHOST mail.yourdomain.co.uk
          WEBSITEURL http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/
          IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
          PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
          CATALOGURL http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/acatalog/
          CGIBINURL http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/cgi-bin/
          PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
          CODEBASE ./
          FTPHOST yourdomain.co.uk
          FTPUSERNAME *******
          FTPPASSWORD *******
          PATHTOCGIBIN /web/cgi-bin/
          USEPASSIVEFTP true
          FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

Hope this helps

If you post who your hosting company is then im sure someone can probably point you in the right direction

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

I intend on hosting the website myself - It's on a BT RTG Server.
            I got a company in to set up the server with all the correct permissions but this obviously hasn't happened.

I can access the server and change permissions but this doesn't seem to help.

Also, when I go to Web|Configure Web Site details, I get the following error message:

The version of the Microsoft FTP server running on <IP Address> causes problems with the connection wizard.
            It is recommended that you cancel the wizard and configure the network settings manually (see Advanced|Network Settings)
            The problem does not affect the normal operation of catalog.

However, when I run a test in Network settings, I get told that Actinic Ecommerce is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server....... Run Web|Configure Web Site Details to review my configuration.

I seem to get pointed round in a circle.

Comment

Michael, have you tried manually uploading a test script, as suggested here?
              Ben Popplestone
              Ecommerce website software

Comment

I haven't, I have been in contact with Actinic support who have put a "helloworld" script on the server and it doesn't run.

How do I go about manually uploading one myself?

Many Thanks

Comment

I have been in contact with Actinic support who have put a "helloworld" script on the server and it doesn't run
                  In that case, what I was suggesting has already been done. If scripts aren't running, make sure that perl is installed correctly, and that the path to perl is correct. You may also need to set the file extension for the recognised perl scripts. The helloworld script won't test the setup for POST, but this will be required for the Actinic scripts.

Downloadable guides for hosting Actinic are available here.
                  Ben Popplestone
                  Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
                  X