Extended info query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended info query

I'm still working my way up to importing my stuff into V6.

To keep the site looking neat I want to take advantage of the extended info (pop-up) windows.
    In these windows will be a larger version of the thumbnail picture and a longer description of the item.

I am having a trouble with a few things and would appreciate some input.

At present the images in the pop-ups (if there) are either 600pix wide or tall depending on image. I think this is borderline too big but some of the pictures are of kits of parts where there is a lot to see. What would folk say would be the "optimum" image size in a pop up?

I want to have the extended info text under the image. I can see how to do that in catalogue but what do I have to do to make it be underneath the image all the time without having to change it in each item? Do I have to edit a template?

One downside of having big pictures is that you don't necessarily know if there is text as well as I set the pop-up windows to be 600x600. If i set them to be 600x700 then you would see a hint of text which would encourage to scroll and read the rest. Is this satisfactory? Has anyone got any really neat solutions for pop-up windows?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Hi Ian

Do I have to edit a template?
    You can edit the template to suit what you would like. I would suggest though, in going to "Design | Options | Layouts"

Here you will see Extended Product Information. Please click on the select button and you will see a list of templates which you can use.

If there is nothing suited to your needs, then i would suggest in picking one, and then click on EDIT.

This will bring up the html coding and you can change. Once you done it, i would suggest in rather than overwriting the template itself, just go to "File | Save As" and give it your own name

An example would be; Act_Custom_Popup.html

Once you have done then, then if you wish to use this template as a default, select it, via Select and Browse. This will set that templates to be the default and provided every other extended info as "Use Parent", it will use that custom template

I hope this helps you

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks, it was just a case of choosing the default that suited me, which I have.

Ian

Comment

Working...
      X