Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checkout and Login pages on a SSL server

Hi

I am trying to have my checkout and Login pages on a shared SSL server from fasthosts and the rest on a standard server, but i get a cgi error ion checkout pages.

Anyone else had this problem?

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but Fasthosts and Actinic do not happy bedfellows make, by all accounts. This community is full of woeful tales from people who have problem after problem. The advice almost always, is find a host which DOES work with Actinic. Sorry.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

The only way to have a site on fasthosts with SSL is to secure the whole site. Any other option will not work.

if you want ssl on login and checkout only you will have to find another host.

A forum search will confirm this. Just search on "Fasthosts"

Comment

Thanks guys, i thought is would be the case.

Do know any hosting companies that it will work on?

Comment

Try the post immediately above yours.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

John - it sounds like you might be intending to collect card payment details on your site rather than use a PSP. If so you might want to search the forum for "PCI compliance" before you go much further.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
              Try the post immediately above yours.
              Women and directions......

Comment

if you want SSL in order to secure payment download then you need to look into using a PSP in order to comply with PCI.

However if you want SSL for login pages also then yes you probably need a new host as it is not advisable to put the whole site into SSL as it can slow things down.

some ecommerce sites still use SSL and PSP

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                  Women and directions......
                  ok it could be below... are all men pedants?

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                    ok it could be below... are all men pedants?
                    LOL i prove my point again about women and directions. A post next to this one will not always be that same one, they move around dependent on activity. Giving directions on a post is like saying well that wild rabbit was on this blade of grass last week, he should still be here, but where is he now.

Comment

Lee do you sit there all day making up these sayings or do you have book.

Comment

nah you're wrong....

Jules was refering to my previous reply in the same thread...i was just jumping in as above or below depends on how you view threads, first to last or last to first

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                          Lee do you sit there all day making up with these sayings or do you have book.
                          No i have this random crap jump into my head, perceived as some way to explain what i am thinking lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                            nah you're wrong....
                            I was always going to be, even if i told you that the sky looks predominantly blue during the day, whilst grass grows upwards and is green.

Comment

Lee are you asking for trouble, you already know your never win, or are you just keeping them on there toes

Comment

Working...
                              X