cgi-bin error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cgi-bin error

hey guys, i really hope you can help me. i used to be on this site a while back when i was working for the family company, using a different username the time. Ive started my own sideline busines but ive hit a brick wall trying to get my site online, so i hope somebody can guide me in the right direction

basically i get this error message when i run a test:

Unable to move to the cgi-bin directory "/cgi-bin/" on the FTP server.
    The specified directory does not exist or you do not have access to the directory.

so i try and configure web site details and everything is fine until i get to this screen...and nothing seems to be in the folders, and if i type in /cgi-bin/ and error appears saying it cant find it.

my hosting company is Namesco if thats anyhelp.

thanks. you can help.
    Benn

help
    Personalied Mug Gifts Personalised Mouse mats

and nothing seems to be in the folders, and if i type in /cgi-bin/ and error appears saying it cant find it.
    i'd hazard a guess that you have to create the cgi-bin.

Comment

well yea, i had figured that but still unsure.. Plus how and where do i create the cgi-bin?

Comment

I assume you have already searched the forum as there are likely to be the network settings posted if anyone else uses them.

Comment

yes ive searched the forum, for over an hour if im honost, posting was my last resort, as i know that for people with the knowledge it is a pain having to repeat yourself over and over again.

Comment

Ive not used namesco but you will need an ftp utility to add the cgi bin to your server. Although if you have selected the correct hosting package it is normally there already - i would double check that your hosting package meets the requirements of actinic first. If it does then add the cgi bin and try again.

Comment

Working...
            X