Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email problems

hi,

Our email has recently stopped working, therefore i have had a look in network settings and i am getting the following error message upon testing the network settings.

The 'SMTP server' address entered in the 'Web | Network Setup' is incorrect, or not a valid SMTP server.
    Possible Solutions:
    1) Try "localhost" as the "SMTP Server"
    2) Check the "SMTP Server" host name, user name and password with your server host, then correct the details in 'Web | Network Setup'
    3) Check your firewall settings

and then this message comes up

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
    server: passed
    connection: passed
    sockets: passed
    communications: failed
    authorisation: passed
    message: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

we are using actinic web hosting and are having problems integrating the mailboxes into the server successfully, has anyone has such similar issues

thanks for any advice in advance

David
    www.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk - Suppliers of quality camping and outdoor equipment.

Hi David,

I spoke to Eric at your shop. I understand you want to use Actinic to host your emails. We have now enabled this for you.

In the "SMTP server" field in Advanced network settup, this has been changed to "localhost", this is the setting for the Actinic hosting SMTP server.

The final thing you need to do is contact the company you bought the domain name off, and ask them to set the following records:

A: mail
    A: webmail
    MX: mail.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk.

After 48 hours of these records being sent you will be able to use your email addresses you have setup in "Plesk".

Thanks

Paul
    Paul Murphy
    Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

I've just found the same problem as easyspace/ iomart have changed how they process emails so they now need to an account linked to them as the sender - it's taken all day to find that out. All i need is someone to tell me how to do the setting as all the possible combinations I can think of don't work either.

3 days later the problem has fixed itself? Easyspace blame the coding which seems unlikly unless Actinic has the ability to change and then reverse the changes with no user input?

Time to move.

Comment

Working...
      X