Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perl Script Extension

Hello,

I'm trying to upload my site to my hosting package for the first time but keep getting stuck at the same point. I am running through the initial configuration wizard which goes fine until I get to the Perl installation part of the process where I'm asked to fill in the 'Path to Perl' and the 'Path Script Extension'. I have been on to my hosting provider to get these details confirmed but when I put them in and press next an error box pops up saying that the 'Perl script extension is incorrect. Try another extension.'
    I am now completely stuck as I can't seem to get any further and my hosting provider can't supply me with anymore information.

Please can anyone help?

host?
    type of server?

Comment

Who is your host and what package do you have with them?

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. I am hosted with Fast Hosts and I have a Linux Developer package.

Comment

Fast Hosts say their servers will not work with Actinic.
          Search the forum for Fast Hosts.

Comment

Rich - give this up now and move - even if you have to pay to move it will save you both time and money in the long run.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hmm seems like moving might be the best option then in that case! It seems a shame that such a popular hosting company would have these issues that stop Actinic running smoothly.

Anyway, thanks for all your help chaps, I think you'll have saved me a lot of time in the future. Just one more thing...can anyone suggest a good alternative to Fasthosts that wont break the bank and is known to run smoothly with Actinic?

Comment

Plenty of info on this already on the forum. Have a word with Darren who posted earlier in the thread or do a search.

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Will do Rich, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X