Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Operational Site- Please Help

First post so please bare with me....

On Tues my version 8.5 software would not download orders although the site was live and accepting orders ie I recieved email confirmation and Protx confirmation, but could not pull the orders down through the actinic package.

The error message was a permission locked issue for the catalog and cgi-bin etc ( I am a user with limited technical knowledge of how the whole thing works, hopefully I can begin to improve on this)

After involving Supanames and the Actinic support team throughout this week and them testing changing various things, I am now left with a site that will not even let the customers get any further than clicking the BUY button.

Feel free to follow this link to see what occurs.

http://www.dirtbikebook.com/acatalog...ath_Robes.html

My dissapointment comes in the fact that I am now entering into a bank holiday weekend, where the site would take money whilst the business is closed, with a non operational site.

The actinic team changed some settings within the FTP 777 to 775 or something, as we identified and numlock error when I was doing a test purchase on the site.

This again allowed a few orders to come through on Weds evening but not be downloaded through the software. Again more tests/changes from both parties yesterday and the site is now not accepting orders at all.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions as to what I may be abe to do today to look at this.

I really thank you for reading this and hope I can get things operational.

Thanks again

Regards

Jason

I had a lot of problems with Supanames last year, not exactly the same as yours but similar.

A lot of things were changed in order to get the site working again, not sure what fixed it but it works now.

One thing that was changed in the PHP settings in control panel was a change to the session files, image HERE

I also had trouble with orders and session files being locked. This was resolved by setting up a new folder for them to be stored in. You can do this in Cart Options in Network Settings. I also had to change permissions to 0777.

I have found that Supanames are not a brilliant hosting company for Actinic as none of the support staff know anything about it.

The next major problem I get with them I will be looking to move hosts to another provider, at the moment I like the look of Darren B's hosting packages HERE
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

In addition to the above, when I was unable to download orders I used the FTP with My Panel at supanames to find the order file and change the permission files on that order. Once changed manually I could download.

I had to do this for every order until the problem was resolved.

Kind regards

Jason
      Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

You Could also check the permissions on your CGI folder.

Change your script number in network settings and do a Purge and refresh.
        Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Hi,

I am now having similar probles :

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=42158
          Steve Jordan
          -----------------------------
          Error 404 - Page not found