Manual settings extraction from host?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual settings extraction from host?

I sent the Actinic mail2host.txt to my host (Eukhost) and I think the answers are wrong. The Network Settings | Test mode throws up problems which I have mostly sorted by guessing the right paths.
    The support is not confidence-inspiring so I don't want to waste more time repeating the query.
    My question is this - can all the correct folder paths be safely worked out from looking at the server folder structure?

Yes, you should be able to work it out, other than the "Path to the Perl Shell" which your host will have to supply, although it's likely to be something like "/usr/bin/perl"
    ActiveStock
    On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
    **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
    Free 30 Day Trial
    ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

this thread should help you, if you read it through i think you will find thatthe network settings posted are for eukhost

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...hlight=Eukhost

Comment

success!

Many thanks for the help. With a bit of trial and error the "Test" function in Actinic returned "pass" on all parts then fell down a bit on the ftp side, but I'm getting hopeful with that.
        The link to the other eukhost user was very valuable, it confirmed my workings, and as they are still having trouble I'll try and repay the help by sharing my experience and settings with them.
        Incidentally the folder path (eg for /cgi-bin) in cPanel shows as /home/username/public_html/cgi-bin and this is what Eukhost say is the URL, but Actinic refuses to acknowledge this and forces http:// on the front which fails.
        The correct URL is what we thought of originally before we looked at the folder structure and is http://www.domain-name/cgi-bin. I can only think this works because the domain must be seen as located in the /public_html folder. Is that a correct conclusion?

Comment

public_html is your website root.

you might find it easier to create an ftp account that only has access to this folder, then use this ftp account in actinic. ftp accounts with access to your complete hosting area require different settings on some servers if you want to use it in actinic

Comment

ftp account folder

The ftp finally worked and the complete store is uploaded and works fine.
            I'm interested in the comment you made about limiting an ftp account to access only the public_html folder. I can't see any facility to do this in my cPanel where ftp accounts are generated. Do you know how it's done?

Comment

depends on your cpanel, but creating and ftp account a making it only have access to public_html should be a simple task. You specify this folder, however i do not know your host and they may have already limited ftp accounts to this area.

You can check by using an ftp program and logging in using your main ftp account and seeing what folders you can see

Comment

Working...
              X