Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not uploading .FIL files and upload freezing right before the end - please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not uploading .FIL files and upload freezing right before the end - please help!

This is getting unbelievably frustrating and is now quite urgent. When trying to add to cart on our site which is supposed to be live, the following error comes up:

A General Script Error Occurred
    Error: Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/prompt.fil. No such file or directory
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.

I have tried publishing to web, website refresh and purge and refresh. All three are the same - all 15,000 files or so are uploaded successfully over the course of about 45 minutes, then it FREEZES on "generating actinic.css file" or uploading one of the trivial extra files, such as a .PNG. I've tried leaving it for several hours but it is still frozen on this, with the option of pressing the cancel button. The petal animations still go round and clicking cancel immediately closes the box, so the program is still responsive, but clearly it stops uploading any files at that point.

I assume that the last files to be uploaded are the .FIL files, hence the above error. I need to know the following pretty urgently, as we are losing business trying to get this fixed all weekend:

1. How can I manually generate and upload the .FIL files in the meantime, with the hope of providing a temporary fix for today? I know how to generate and upload .PL and .PM files but not .FIL.

2. How can I stop Actinic freezing like this? I haven't seen a "Complete" message for days. Been using Actinic for over a year now, and it seems to be failing badly. I've tried compacting the databases, changing the .pl script number from 1 to 2, disabling enhanced FTP. None work. There are no coding errors and our FTP server is working fine - it's the same one we've been using since the start.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Best solution I've found when upload hangs like this is to pull the plug on the router, leave for 30 secs, plug back in. Reconnect to the 'net, then try a site refresh. If that doesn't cure it, go to Help> Troubleshooting > 'Web Site Purge and Refresh' - this is a last gasp effort and shouldn't be used under normal circumstances.

In your case you want to check 'Delete .cat and .fil files' and check 'Exclude image and digital download files'. Leave 'Delete Perl files and restore from Original folder' UNchecked.

Comment

Thanks, but unfortunately web site purge and refresh does exactly the same thing. Once it has uploaded all the files yet another time, it hangs just at the end. An hour later, same thing.

Any other suggestions woulud be greatly appreciated - this is getting very urgent.

Comment

Hey Matt

I have some instructions which may solve the problem in the meantime, but you have opted not to receive e-mail through the forum (check your user cp settings) - or supply an e-mail address in a full format (ie. email [at] domain [dot] (com))

Cheers

Comment

OK, I've changed the settings now so you can send me an e-mail.

Cheers.

Comment

I'm so disappointed with Actinic. It seems to be rotting away - now the whole thing is freezing after about 10 mins of uploading. This applies to website purge and refresh, publish to web, and refresh site. No error messages or possible ways to debug. Each time I have waited around an hour. DU meter shows no upload activity after about 10 mins and the only option is Ctrl-Alt-Delete. I've also tried restarting.

I am seriously rethinking renewing our Actinic Business license in June and learning one of the open source platforms. With expansion of our inventory and multiple stores on the horizon, a flaky piece of software like this simply will not cope with the quantities.

If anyone has any further suggestions, please let me know. Even a short term solution to manually upload the .CAT and .FIL files would be great.

Matt

Comment

Did you try my suggestion and it still doesn't work? Which version of the software are you using?

My final attempt would be to close Actinic, then open the Site1 folder (or whatever you've licensed the site as) and open the SiteHTML folder. Click Edit>Select All then delete. Open Actinic again and try uploading.

I am officially now out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by tattysilver View Post
                I am seriously rethinking renewing our Actinic Business license in June
                Do you mean your Cover contract? Because if you have Cover, have you been in contact with Support?
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Backup furst then take a look at this thread from post 6 onwards.

Comment

Got it working late last night - the "FileList" trick did the job perfectly!! (from the other post).

Thanks so much for all the help guys, was going to ring support this morning but no need!

Comment

Working...
                    X