upload switching from FTP to HTTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SolSearcher View Post

Here's a big head spin as well. If I check my server Site folders, within my public_html folder there is only one folder, DD...... The files are all there but there is no cgi-bin folder etc....If I create a cgi-bin folder within the public_html folder and then double click on it, all of the correct files are within it. Then when I navigate out and then back into the public_html folder, the cgi_bin folder disappears again.
    On our server (UKFast), we have an 'html' directory, which I'm assuming is the same as your public_html.
    The cgi-bin does not go inside there - it's located in the root directory.
    Perhaps this might help ...
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

I've tried moving the relocating the cgi-bin outside of the public_html but I can't remember the ftp setting I need to change to point Actinic to it. I'll search the forum later.

I have had an upload problem for months now it's just that the whole problem got much worse recently.

Our host company have been really helpful even though the problem was nothing to do with them. They sent me this link:

winmtr.sourceforge.net (neat tool)

and asked me to run it against my IP Address.

The result was:
      14% packet loss at amst-ic-1-as0-0.network.virginmedia.com

And this is when it's running fairly well, unlike 2 weeks ago.

I've contacted Virgin Media and they don't want to accept that there is a problem with their router. I hardly every get to complete site refresh. I'm forced to move ISP, BT will be in on Thursday.

I've had 2 weeks of head spinning.

Comment

Sounds like a nightmare. That 14% packet loss is outrageous!

We've been with Zen Internet since 2003 - never a moments trouble.
        We also have an extra on our telephone line from BT - it's called Total Care or something. It only cost an extra tenner a quarter, but they guarantee a 4-hour response to a (business) phone line fault. Essential I think.

I'd bin Virgin Media without hesitation. They may be cheaper, but then you don't get the service.
        Zen specifically target the business market, charge more, but you get the service.
        Our line with them gives us 448000 upload and 7616000 down, constant and it tests as such too.
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

You may find posting in the chetnet forums will get you some assistance in getting the Virgin router problem sorted: http://www.chetnet.co.uk/portal/forum/

I have had 'unofficial' assitance in the past from some very helpful people there.

Comment

Working...
          X