FTP Too Many Connections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP Too Many Connections?

I am attempting to upload a site to EUKhost, but am hitting a problem with the upload.

Actinic errors on upload with "Login request denied"

At the same time a direct ftp connection is rejected too many connections.

How many connections does Actininc use? Can it be changed?

Host is EUKHost, search hasn't thrown up any similar reports

Never had this error before on any other hosting companies.

Would really appreciate any suggestions/pointers as I can't seem to progress with their support at the moment

Thanks in advance

Mick

This was talked of before IIRC. Check or uncheck enhanced FTP (I forget which way around it is) and Actinic will then only use a single connection. I think it can use up to 4 but may be wrong.

Try a search for 'enhanced FTP' and 'connection'.

Comment

Thanks Duncan

Have tried every permutation possible I think. It does start to upload with the enhanced ftp unticked.

Apparently the account is set to allow max 10 connections.

Actinic seems to be taking the maximum, getting the same rejection but now for 10

Can't find any relevant threads searching at all

Comment

I found this in the archives:

If u r using Use Enhanced FTP connection, Actinic will open that one connection only, and keep it alive.
        If you are not using Enhanced FTP connection, then Actinic may open upto 6 ftp connections
        doesn't solve your problem though unfortunately.

Comment

Thanks Duncan

I found this in the knowledge base.

Actinic Ecommerce uses multiple concurrent FTP connections to upload the web site
          Actinic recommends that the server allow 5 minutes for 10 connections in 60 seconds.
          Lower values may be acceptable but a setting of 5 minutes for 5 connections in 90 seconds has been known to cause FTP Timeout errors.

Still dosn't help much though

Thinking back, I did do a full site upload, then a refresh with no problems.

Then I upgraded to 9.04-possible cause there, any changes that may affect it?

Comment

What version did yo upgrade from?
            eg - did your previous version support compressed uploading?

Comment

Just from 9.03 Duncan.

I have moved the site back to the old host, uploaded, then refreshed.

After the refresh, I did get the same error just once for a couple of seconds. Suggests it is Actinic causing the problem

Upload data compression was never enabled.

Comment

Working...
              X