Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New host required.

Can anyone recommend a new host?

Fed up with Servage, email support is a pain.

We only have a small site, which is more or less just a hobby (a terrible thing to say amongst all you who rely on sites for a living).

So it has to be inexpensive, paid once a year, phone support if possible.

We used to be with Webfusion and would consider going back with them to be honest , but any other recommendations?
    Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

If you're based in the UK, can't suggest much better than Webfusion for Actinic at that end of the market. We use the Reseller package, if you go for a cheaper package just check with them that servers are UK based.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

There are also several members of this Community who offer hosting services, the great advantage being that you can 'talk' to them and they'll look after you. They're on here all the time.

DarrenB

Pinbrook (who answered your earlier thread)

FergusW

As you read the forum, look at the signatures!
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

We've been using eUKhost's Business package for the last couple of years and overall are very happy. It's on a shared linux server which keeps costs down and they have a clever back up system which supposedly guarantees 100% uptime. Of course that doesn't cover external problems with BT etc but otherwise it's been pretty good. They have online chat support as well as email tickets or phone on a 0808 number. There's also a forum which several of the managers monitor and I've seen a few customers get results through that if they have a problem with support. Fingers crossed they'll continue to give good service.
        www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

I 've been using Clook Internet for the last couple of years and am very happy with them. Excellent support and they don't take on more customers tahn they can handle.

They used to do a £29.99 per year package (2Gb bandwidth) but the cheapest now is £5 per month or £50 per year (10Gb) for shared hosting.

Very good uptime record.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse
          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Actinic do hosting as well ... I've hosted with Pinbrook and Actinic and would recommend them both.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, just one more question.

What size of package will I need? i.e web space and data transfer. I suspect it won't be as large as I would think. We will obviously be hoping to expand the site in the future but not to a great extent.

Will 1000MB space and 20GB transfer be more than adequate?

http://www.scottishgifts4u.co.uk/
              Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Comment

If those are per month they would probably do fine. Webfusion do that level for £3.95 per month, but I would have to leave it to someone else to comment on whether that package would support Actinic. Don't forget you can usually upgrade packages with the same host very easily if you get much more traffic in the future.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Will 1000MB space and 20GB transfer be more than adequate?
                  those allowances are sufficient for a site with 100s/1000s of products processing 100's of orders per day.

You say your site is a hobby site, thus for example to process up to 10 orders per day would require a package inc 1gb transfer and probaby 20-50 mb space - dependant on image size.

Comment

Working...
                  X