Filename Conflict during upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filename Conflict during upload

Hi, I've just got my first web-site uploading to my 1&1 servers after spending several days trying to get it working on my local IIS server to no avail.

However 2 hours into the upload I get the following error message (see below) and the whole thing fails! This is very frustrating!!

---------------------------
    Designer
    ---------------------------
    Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Design | Additional Files.

Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the Actinic.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Actinic v9\Sites\Site1\template_images\\product_images\\Atlas_Divano_3.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Actinic v9\Sites\Site1\template_images\product_images\Atlas_Divano_3.JPG

Now, I've checked and double checked everywhere and I can't find any duplicate files.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Gareth.
    Actinic Designer v9.0.5

The problem here is usually not that images are duplicated, but that the same image name is used somewhere in actinic with different paths. The headache is in finding where the different path has been specified. It could be in a product, additional files, javascript / CSS files, or even in a layout.

There are some helpful suggestions in this thread. http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=26744

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Your first filepaths look strange. See that double \\ in them. Try post #14 from the thread Mike suggests.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
        Your first filepaths look strange. See that double \\ in them. Try post #14 from the thread Mike suggests.
        Yes I had noticed that but in the actual pages where those images are set-up there is only 1 backslash. I don't know where Actinic is getting the double backslashes from, I searched everywhere for them and they just don't exist.

Comment

Did this get solved? As I am having exactly the same problem with the double slashes.

Comment

Try post#14 from http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=26744

Comment

Hi,

I have tried that, but only one instance of the file in question appears. The correct one with single \ .

Ive tried removing all the images from the Product Details, which allows me to upload the site.

I then tried renaming the image and putting it within a differently named folder, but the error is still the same. I cant find any reference whatsoever for this double \\ folder.

Comment

Is this a standard Actinic site, or have you made any modifications / installed any add-ons?

Comment

Also, if you have Access, you can try looking in ActinicCatalog.mdb / Product table / Image FileName column. Backup first!

Note that an image can also be used for a Section / Fragment / Product Thumbnail and Product Extended Info Image.

And also check Design / Additional Files.

Comment

Hi,

Ive searched through the Access DB and didnt find anything.

I have searched through god knows how many files, but just cant find anything.

Its a fairly clean site, there have been a few modifications and there is a lightbox image javascript plugin. Which i did think could be causing the problem. I have deleted this since just to rule it out.

I cant actually remember what I could have possibly changed or done to get this problem. It worked perfectly fine before easter. But since ive come back after its come up wit this problem.

And what absolutely useless error messages you get. They needn't even bother giving you an error message if all tey are going to do is tell you have an error!!!!

Comment

OK.

If you've tried changing the filename and the same \\ error comes up then the cause could be something unusual.

The only way I can think of for a double \ to occur is that you might have a leading \ in the path to the image. I'd check for that and remove it if it exists.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Here's another long shot possibility.

Perhaps you've got the variable that uses these file names (presumably ProductImageFilename) in a layout with encoding="perl" set.

This would cause backslash characters to be escaped with an addiitional backslash.

However, if this is the case, I'd expect this error to be widespread and not just on a few products.

Comment

Working...
                        X