Localhost / war ftp issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Localhost / war ftp issue?

This isn't strictly to do with Actinic - it's more to do with the set up of a localhost to allow easy quick testing of developed websites on my local pc...
    I used the AUG ages ago to set up the relevant software to allow this functionality and I have been running the sites I develop for clients using Actinic on my localhost without a problem. Fairly recently when refreshing a site using the localhost network settings (previously fine) it says:-

"Unable to connect to the FTP server because the specified username or password is incorrect."

Then when manually trying to access warftp it asks for the password for 'sysadmin' that I initially entered - let's say that was 'password' I enter 'password' - but war ftp simply rejects it saying the password is wrong - when I KNOW it is right...

I've re-installed war ftp a few times and it has worked again for a little while but then it throws up the same error... So my question is has this happened to others & if so is there an easier fix than uninstalling and reinstalling the software according to the gui - which is alot of hassle..? Additionally does anyone know of any conflicting software that could do this?
    Thanks anyone who may be able to help etc...
    Chris
    Chris Adams

Hi Chris
    I actually use xampp (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html) for my localhost setup as it's a lot simpler than the AUG method and also includes a MySQL installation for messing around with forums, etc.
    Highly recommended.
    (Sorry - not really an answer to your question!)
    ActiveStock
    On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
    **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
    Free 30 Day Trial
    ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Thanks Richard,
      I've made a note of this and will possibly revisit it in the future to use. For the moment, as i dont understand much about this sort of thing, I suppose im going to have to reinstall warftp - as i at least understand the process (rather than uninstalling the lot and installing your suggestion - which is what i assume but dont know that this is what i would do!!).
      Thankyou though for your tip - appreciated ;]
      Chris
      Chris Adams

Comment

Working...
      X