Uploading Newsite to 1and1 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Newsite to 1and1 problem

I am trying to upload a new site to 1and1 linux hosting (Beginner Package).

I have created the folders, with the correct permisions. i.e cgi-bin 755 and shop 777.

When i do a network test, firstly everytime it tells me;

If you have never uploaded your catalog to the web site, try a 'CGI Script ID Number' of 2. If you have already uploaded your catalog at least once, ignore this message.
    I have tried leaving the script ID the same and changing it, but it doesn't make no difference.

The next error it gives is;

Actinic received a request forbidden error from the web server. The server is not properly configured to allow Actinic to run CGI scripts from the cgi-bin. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration

Suggestions:
    - Check that this folder exists on your server in the place specified in your 'Web | Network Setup' screen and that scripts are allowed to run in it (you may need to contact your host).

- Check the permissions:

On Linux/Unix based servers the permissions should be:
    cgi-bin (755) – drwxr-xr-x
    Online Store Folder (777) – drwxrwxrwx
    On Windows based servers (need to be checked with the hosting company):
    IIS
    cgi-bin = read/execute
    Online Store Folder = read/write/execute
    NTFS
    cgi-bin = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory
    Online Store Folder = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory AND the IUSR_<servername> account needs to have 'Change' permissions on the directory

- There could be a setting in your firewall that could cause this problem. To test this try turning off your firewall while you perform the upload. If the upload goes through ok then you will need to find the setting that is causing the problem.
    When I upload the site it returns 403 error, although it does upload all most everything. You get the same response if you try to access a page via the cgi-bin on the website.

The website is: http://www.ixiajewellery.co.uk

I have used actinic for years with 1and1 and never had a problem. This is a site I am doing for my sister. Any help appreciated.
    Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

I don't think the beginner package supports perl scripts does it?

Mike

Edit: Just checked. You need the 'Business' package as a minimum to use perl scripts on 1and1.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I think you need the Business package as minimum for 1and1 not the Beginner. Perl is not supported on Beginner.

Comment

I just check as well, you need the business package, didn't even think of checking.

Thanks for pointing it out. Jethro
        Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Comment

Working...
        X