Webfusion & cgi-bin error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webfusion & cgi-bin error

Having uploaded my site www.astonlee.com successfully apart from this error message: The directory specified as the path from the CGI-BIN to the online store folder does not exist on the web server. Check the path.

Webfusion on the 06th November 2009. In your original message it showed two directories are required:
    cgi-bin (755) - drwxr-xr-x
    Online Store Folder (777) - drwxrwxrwx

The ownership for cgi-bin are:
    drwxr-xr-x 2 2016 sites 4096 2009-11-05 16:48 cgi-bin

The only other directory in there is 'acatalog', is that the one that should have 'drwxrwxrwx'? If so that would be a problem as it's: drwxr-xr-x 3 2016 sites 12288 2009-11-06 08:17 acatalog

That's assuming of course that is the online store folder that was mentioned in your error message:
    ----The directory specified as the path from the CGI-BIN to the online store folder does not exist on the web server.

It may just be that you need to create the directory it's referring to.

Can anyone asist me as to what setting I need for my webfusion dedicated server for my version 9.0.3.0.0.0.IMMA site?
    Alan

www.astonlee.com
    www.mctooling.com
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 06-Nov-2009, 08:01 PM. Reason: add actinic version
    Regards
    Alan

www.astonlee.com
    www.mctooling.com
    www.subconeng.com

Error message after permission changes

I changed the site folder permission to what you suggested, but when i try to purchase an item I still recieving the following error message:
    A General Script Error Occurred
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Error opening configuration file ../public_html/acatalog/prompt.fil. No such file or directory
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.
    Alan
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Alan

www.astonlee.com
    www.mctooling.com
    www.subconeng.com

Comment

Error: Error opening configuration file ../public_html/acatalog/prompt.fil. No such file or directory
      the above message says a required file is missing, this file is generated by actinic - thus you will need to do a site refresh to create it.

Before you do the refresh you must be sure you network settings are correct.

Comment

Re missing prompt.fil

The prompt.fil is not missing, and is already in the directory, and I don't rec any error messages when I refresh the site.
        The only time I get this error is when trying to buy an item or open my contact us form.
        I think it a problem is on the server, but I will try the other suggestion of changing my actinic setting.
        Alan

www.astonlee.com
        www.mctooling.com
        Regards
        Alan

www.astonlee.com
        www.mctooling.com
        www.subconeng.com

Comment

CGI-BIN address error message

I tried using the wizard to identify the problem, and rec this error message
          CGI-BIN Address: http://www.astonlee.com/cgi-bin/
          Error Message from wizard: The specified XCGI-BIN URL or possibly the path to the CGI-BIN is not correct. Check the CGI-BIN is correct, return to the first page of wizard and turn on the button to confirm each setting. Then progress though the dialogs once again to verify that path to cgi-bin is also correct. The web server returned (404) Not Found.
          Alan

www.astonlee.com
          www.mctooling.com
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Alan

www.astonlee.com
          www.mctooling.com
          www.subconeng.com

Comment

http://www.astonlee.com/cgi-bin/
            ................... The web server returned (404) Not Found.
            ok ftp to the webspace and create a cgi-bin at www.astonlee.com/cgi-bin give it permission 755

then post your network settings minus passwords here

The prompt.fil is not missing, and is already in the directory,
            your NS are not looking in the right place,

or compare your NS to these http://community.actinic.com/showpos...66&postcount=1

Comment

What are you're network settings?

It's best to export them to a text file and then copy and paste into the forum, over-writing your username and password.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Actinic Setting

My actinic web setting are display below in the attach gif.
                Alan

www.astonlee.com
                www.mctooling.com
                Attached Files
                Regards
                Alan

www.astonlee.com
                www.mctooling.com
                www.subconeng.com

Comment

Path from CGi-BIN Changes

Thanks for your input, and I did try your suggestion of ../public_html to /acatalog/ and rec this error message:
                  The directory specified as the path from the CGI-BIN to the online store folder does not exist on the web server. Check the path. Also see the on-line help for "Path from FTP server to Catalog".
                  Follow by:
                  The script does not have permission to write to the web site directory..
                  I how believe the problem is with the server setup, and begining to wonder if it would be better to delete all the files on the server, and completely reload the site?
                  Alan

www.astonlee.com
                  www.mctooling.com
                  Regards
                  Alan

www.astonlee.com
                  www.mctooling.com
                  www.subconeng.com

Comment

I've always found the network settings for webfusion to be a bit 'different'.

For example, if your cgi-bin is in the 'public_html' folder then this: '../public_html/acatalog/' should just be '../acatalog/'

Also the bit that says 'this should be left blank unless otherwise advised' should really be left blank rather than '/public_html/acatalog/' as that's saying the acatalog folder is sitting inside the cgi-bin, which it clearly isn't.

The problem is that working webfusion settings from other users have included these paths so why argue with what works? Well the problem is what do you do when it doesn't work?

I'd suggest you try the logical settings first. After that I'd go chase webfusion as otherwise we're really just guessing at the problem.

Mike

Comment

Alan - you're not using a Webfusion reseller account are you?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Re Webfusion reseller account

Thanks for asking, and I have double check and that it not a re-seller account I created, but I am going to talk to Webfusion today because this just does not make any sence. As I move this over from one off their hosted severs, which was due for renewal later this month!

Alan

www.astonlee.com
                        www.mctooling.com
                        Regards
                        Alan

www.astonlee.com
                        www.mctooling.com
                        www.subconeng.com

Comment

Webfusion CGI error

Firstly a "Big Thank You!" to you all for taking the time to help me, and the good news is that my site back-up.
                          It turn out in the end that it was my wefusion dedicated server setup, that was the real problem, couple with your suggestion of changing CGI-BIN path to ../acatalog/ instead of ../public_html/acatalog/
                          Alan

www.astonlee.com
                          www.mctooling.com
                          Regards
                          Alan

www.astonlee.com
                          www.mctooling.com
                          www.subconeng.com

Comment

Glad it's sorted Alan. That setting for webfusion has always been troublesome.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X