Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deploying a new site problem

Hi,

I have used Developer to produce an .acd file to deploy the client's site to CD. They have installed Actinic Catalog on their laptop, and imported the site from the CD.

However, they cannot connect to the site to perform any updates, as they keep getting an error. When I try to update the network settings, it insists it cannot find a proxy server and cannot therefore access the internet.

They are dialling up BT Internet from the laptop and do not have any proxy settings configured in the broswer?

I can still connect to the site from the development machine, via broadband.

What is going wrong? Any ideas?

Hi Carl

Do you know if they have a firewall in place on their laptop? If so, this could be causing problems connecting - try turning it off.

If not - what is the exact error message they get?

James

Comment

Sometimes the Network Settings dont get imported with the snapshot
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Error Message.

I have visited the client site again. I have confirmed that there is no firewall stopping the access on the laptop.

They have 1 PC and 1 laptop at the office to access the net via a broadband router (again check firewall rules - not the problem). The laptop is also used at the retail site via dial-up.

The PC can access the site OK and it is running ZoneAlarm.

The laptop has the same network settings in Catalog but gives the error message:

"An error occurred when trying to connect to the server. This can happen when the server is unreachable or you have set up a SSL server, but this server can accept SSL connections, or Windows is confused about proxy settings. If you have Inetnet Explorer or another application configured to work with a proxy, the settings should be the same for Actinic Ecommerce. Please check your connection first."

They obviously want to just use Catalog on the laptop so that they can use it both in the office and at the retail site.

At the moment I have suggested a temporary fix, where they have to export the site from the laptop to the PC and then upload it.

Comment

Try this. Apologies oif you've already done this.

On the client PC that's OK do Advanced / Network Setup / Export to get a text file with the good Network Settings.

Now on the Laptop do Advanced / Network Setup / Import to load that textfile and see if that works.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

When is a Firewall not a Firewall!

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortuneately it did not work. BUT for future reference, just in case anyone else has a similar problem.....

The laptop had been using XPs own Firewall protection, which I had switched off as suggested, and I know their firewall/router was not blocking because the PC was going through it OK.

However, I noticed after a bit more digging that ZoneAlarm had in the past been installed in the laptop but was no longer used by the client. ZoneAlarm was installed on the PC and running OK.

I thought that maybe this may have affected the laptop's access somehow, so started up ZoneAlarm on the laptop, was asked to confirm allowing Actinic access to the net, and hey presto! All systems go......

Thanks again for the help, I've added ZoneAlarm to the StartUp settings....

Comment

Working...
            X